would like to get your opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gudginda

Reaction score
would like to hear your opinions on uniforms that are on the market, where do you think they could be improved? :idea: what do you like about them and dislike?

I hate the way that they never fit properly or am I an abnormal size 12??

No, Ruby its not just you,ive just this minute done a bit of jiggory pokery moving buttons on my new uniform:lol:

It is no secret that I am no lightweigth. I am a large person and get frustrated that uniform companies don't accommodate large people like moi! I half wonder if it is because they think that biggies and fatties should not be in the beauty industry to begin with.

And yes, I agree, they are incorrectly sized!

I had to purchase the skirt for my Champney's college uniform privately because they didn't do my size :eek:.

would like to hear your opinions on uniforms that are on the market, where do you think they could be improved? :idea: what do you like about them and dislike?

the material......i wear one for college and also when i was mobile...and by god do i sweat in them.....

I agree with Tracey, being slightly larger than the average bear I too find the tunics too restrictive. The material is awful and the necklines too high.

As a nail tech rather than a beauty therapist, I actually feel a bit of fraud wearing a tunic and prefer to wear a t-shirt with the salon name on but dont feel its quite smart enough.

I have the same problem too, I am a really petite size 6, small framed. I struggle to find a uniform that fit and don't look massive on me or ones that are comfortable. :irked: I'm looking for new ones now as my old ones are grubby but getting really frustrated.

I seen this and felt the need to register and post a comment it annoys me that much. haha

I too am solely a nail tech, and at the moment I wear a CND t shirt and black pants.

I am on the look out for a uniform, but my problems so far have been:

1) They look like dental assistants uniforms! I would like to see something that looks more appropriate for the job; still smart, but not too clinical looking

2) I want a cotton garment, and all the ones I've seen have been poly mixes.

3) I would like a top with MY company logo on it, not the brand I use, or in the very least I would like my salon logo and the brand logo. If I could find a supplier that could fit the bill as above, and also embroider my salon logo onto the top I would order from them.

I hate the way that they never fit properly or am I an abnormal size 12??

I have to agree even though im not a size 12 LOL im an 18 and had to buy a size 24 :eek::eek::eek:

Think the sizing should be looked at:green:

i thinkthe sizes arent good i have just got a 20 from buttercup and it fits my boobs but then it swims every where else and because i have big boobs doesnt mean im a 20 all over. also the fabric makes me sweat.

i remember when i went to a salon before i was qualified and they had good quality fred perry t-shirts with logos on and comfy track suit bottoms on. they looked so comfortable and it didnt look like a chav outfit

xx

Sorry to go slightly of topic but does anyone know where i can find a duck egg blue tunic from??

my 2 main bugbears are the fabrics and the prices.

i hate those polyester fabrics, they are so sweaty. but most styles are made in them because they are easy to handle fabric from the manufacturing point of view and very inexpensive fabric. they wash well and hang o.k but they are for me very uncomfortable to wear. i find it annoying that some manufacturers charge so much for them when it is very cheap fabric to buy.

i like polyester cotton though, its much more breathable and still maintains an easy aftercare.

i have tried pure cotton uniforms and they are comfortable to wear but a nightmare to iron. you can never seem to get them totally crease free.

I too am solely a nail tech, and at the moment I wear a CND t shirt and black pants.

I am on the look out for a uniform, but my problems so far have been:

1) They look like dental assistants uniforms! I would like to see something that looks more appropriate for the job; still smart, but not too clinical looking

2) I want a cotton garment, and all the ones I've seen have been poly mixes.

3) I would like a top with MY company logo on it, not the brand I use, or in the very least I would like my salon logo and the brand logo. If I could find a supplier that could fit the bill as above, and also embroider my salon logo onto the top I would order from them.

i think you can find what you are looking for at d.k professional.
if you dont love ironing, think twice about pure cotton uniforms.

Yep, have to agree

1. too sweaty

2. too restrictive

3. necklines too high

4. sizing?! where do they get them from?!!

5. too expensive

6. variations in styles (although that is getting better)

7. variations in colours (we don't all want to wear black or hot pink and I feel white is to clinical)

8. would love to see more 'relaxed' looking tops

Just my 2 penneth :)

I must be the oddly shaped one here. I love my uniforms, they are so comfortable and look great. They are tunics with the mandarin collar, I have one in black for everyday and white for when I'm doing nails. I know not everyones a fan of black & white, but I love my black one.

I'm not sure what material they are, but I don't need to iron them at all.

Though it did take me months to find ones I liked. I got them from beauty-uniforms.co.uk the style is called jasmine. I live in Australia but couldn't find anything I liked here. A lot of the tunics here seem to favour the really low cut look - great for pedicures:eek:. They are so expensive too, I got my two shirts from England for half the price of one shirt here, that included the postage cost too.

I was a bit wary about the sizing, so I had them embroidered here after I tried them on just in case I had to return them. The company I bought them from does do embroidery though.

Last edited:
I too love my uniform, especially the one I've got now.
I got it for a bargain price, its lightweight, it hasn't got that tuck thing in the back. Its dead comfy, fits me perfectly (size 14), washes a dream, doesn't need ironing.

I got my trouseurs from Matalan and if I'm careful they don't need ironing either.

I always used to have chinese collars, but now I've gone for a collarless one with a zip up the middle.

Salonwear Clearance - bargain beauty tunics, cheap salon clothing, discounted uniforms, reduced workwear but mines in brown and dead smart.

Got them in baby blue if you go to the tunics option £25

Last edited:
Bad fit & sweaty fabrics are my main gripes.

And it's extra annoying that most suppliers charge you extra to order more than 1 or 2 garments and then charge you again if you want to return something ('admin charge'!) so it makes it very expensive if you want to order a few sizes to get the best fit. How unfair!

I really want to get another uniform but have been putting it off as I just can't decide what size to go for & don't want to waste my time & money.

Latest posts

Back