Would You Date a Client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x Fee x

Reaction score
I saw this as a brief discussion on the Nails Magazine website, and thought it might prompt an interesting debate :D

So. . would any of you date a client? Why/Why not?

I personally think there's a level of unprofessionalism involved- I don't think the salon where you are providing a paid service to someone is the appropriate place to have the sort of conversation that might lead to an offer of a date.

Would love to hear some other opinions.

I dont think there is any problem meeting a guy at work.. As long as u do it casually and not make a scene to let everyone in the salon know.in fact 8years ago i was working at a salon and this super hot guy came in.. I def wanted to flirt but didnt cuz i was qt work and yeah its not a place to throw urself at someone BUT who woulda thought 3 years after him coming in we saw eachother and have been togetger ever since!! I guess God does things for a reason;). Hey.. Were hairdressers, in a fun atmosphere where i dont see any problem to flirt a little and meet the guy of ur dreams maybe:))) what if i jever saw him again because i didnt approach him cuz of work.. U can always keep it professional in a salon. Nobody is hunched over ur shoulder while ur working. U can just say hey do u have facebook or aomething like that to meet outside of work so no exchanging numbers!! This is just my opinion

I had a client who managed a band and offered me tickets to a gig, which I casually kind of agreed to. Anyway he found me on Facebook and then asked me on a date... Nothing came of it in the end but we are good friends now. I'd be more wary if I was employed... When I was about 18 I snogged a boy who was one of my clients on a night up town... And spent the next month worrying my boss would find out!

I dont think there is any problem meeting a guy at work.. As long as u do it casually and not make a scene to let everyone in the salon know.in fact 8years ago i was working at a salon and this super hot guy came in.. I def wanted to flirt but didnt cuz i was qt work and yeah its not a place to throw urself at someone BUT who woulda thought 3 years after him coming in we saw eachother and have been togetger ever since!! I guess God does things for a reason;). Hey.. Were hairdressers, in a fun atmosphere where i dont see any problem to flirt a little and meet the guy of ur dreams maybe:))) what if i jever saw him again because i didnt approach him cuz of work.. U can always keep it professional in a salon. Nobody is hunched over ur shoulder while ur working. U can just say hey do u have facebook or aomething like that to meet outside of work so no exchanging numbers!! This is just my opinion

Yeah, I see where you're coming from and agree to an extent. There's a place and time.
I suppose it would also depend on the environment you work in, and whether you like to seperate your personal life from your clients and work life.
Great about you and your guy though! Ironically I met my BF at work and we're together 9 years on, though this wasn't in a beauty related field. x

I had a client who managed a band and offered me tickets to a gig, which I casually kind of agreed to. Anyway he found me on Facebook and then asked me on a date... Nothing came of it in the end but we are good friends now. I'd be more wary if I was employed... When I was about 18 I snogged a boy who was one of my clients on a night up town... And spent the next month worrying my boss would find out!

that's pretty funny Kimi, thanks for sharing :D

I have experience in both situations (client and coworker).

Both turned out AWFUL.

If you value your sanity and reputation, don't do it.

I guess it all depends on the atmosphere and the sal... Its a gamble itson u to decide if its worth taking i guess:)

A client who's hair I had only cut once phoned me in the salon and asked me out - I said no but he came in again for another haircut and then phoned again so I thought why not? I asked my manager and she said she had no problem with it, so I said yes - I dated him and then married him - we have been together 25 years.

A client who's hair I had only cut once phoned me in the salon and asked me out - I said no but he came in again for another haircut and then phoned again so I thought why not? I asked my manager and she said she had no problem with it, so I said yes - I dated him and then married him - we have been together 25 years.

Love it xxxx hope u still charge him for his hair cut lol x

I've only ever had one client come in who I thought was hot. Sadly nothing happened though :D

I think it's all well and good if the relationship works out but there are so many times that it doesn't. And unfortunately, breakups are usually bitter. A once beloved can become a most hated in an instant and your professional reputation can take a hit. Though most logical and sane people will see that it's just a case of sour-grapes due to a bitter breakup, some people won't.

I would imagine it's bad enough to have a rancid ex but to have him taking money out of my pocket as well....well, where's my Uzi?

Naa, dating clients makes them lousy tippers. :D

If I liked him why not?! I'd make him book in for more treatments £££'s :) haha

Are we talking about dating him or "test driving" him? Big difference here.:D

Isn't that the same thing? :)

Not in my book. You can test drive a car just for the fun of it...never intending to buy...if you know what I mean.:wink2:

Actually me and Tony are getting married NEXT june...we have an 18 month old boy together and our second child is due in march....
He used to come in every friday for two years for a sunbed and eventually hunted me down on facebook and asked me on a date.

Actually me and Tony are getting married NEXT june...we have an 18 month old boy together and our second child is due in march....
He used to come in every friday for two years for a sunbed and eventually hunted me down on facebook and asked me on a date.

Ah love it!! 2 years of sunbeds just to see you! hope your giving him plenty of facials now x

He used to come in every friday for two years for a sunbed...

A man who would risk skin cancer just to see you? He's a keeper!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and birth of your 2nd child. I'm happy for you!:D

Not in my book. You can test drive a car just for the fun of it...never intending to buy...if you know what I mean.:wink2:

Lol this made me laugh!

These responses have given me a serious case of the giggles!! Thanks everyone lol :)

Latest posts

Back