Would you move abroad if you had the chance?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am moving to Italy in exactly 52 days ( not counting down or anything) I lived there for ten years before moving back to UK in 2003 I am giving up a very good but stressful job managing and teaching in a private beauty college ! Will be giving up a lot but we want a total lifestyle change it's all about the things money can't buy ! I can't wait to go back into salon I do what I love best I just need to find a job when I get there ! Scary and exciting times 😁

I had the chance to move to Spain with my mum and dad when I was 18 but I hated the idea. I had just got out of a bad relationship and was getting my life back on track and didn't want to start again!
So glad I didn't as I wouldn't be with my husband, we've talked about moving to Spain countless times but I just don't think it's for us. I like my home comforts to much x

Its family that stopped me moving somewhere like Australia or Canada - i couldnt be that far away

I'm exactly the same. Last year we could have been moved to California for 2 years with my husband's job and I had real mixed feelings. We didn't need to move in the end so I'm secretly relieved but husband is gutted!

I'd love to try America or Canada x

Me and my partner are considering Australia.. We have a little boy who is two and our whole family lives so close! I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to take him away from everyone if we ever did it.. Has anyone ever done that before?? X

NO! I've only just got here!

I would like to move to a different part of the country, I'd love to live near the sea.

Yeah me too! I am living abroad. But the nature of my husband's job means that we could be somewhere else in 5 years. We've had plenty of opportunity for him to work in Australia or Dubai but have turned it down. We'll wait until the kids have finished school and see what's happening then.

Me and my partner are considering Australia.. We have a little boy who is two and our whole family lives so close! I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to take him away from everyone if we ever did it.. Has anyone ever done that before?? X

Take them with you :wink2:

My parents both left to live abroad (and met each other there) so I didn't really know my grandparents or any other relatives. That's just how it was. I left home to live abroad, and now I have left my children to come to the UK. I guess we like travelling.

In this day and age, what with Skype, internet and all the means of travelling it's easier to keep in touch that way. I speak to my friends back home more than I speak to the ones that live in the next village.

One couple I know were so against their son moving to new Zealand because of the fears of not seeing their grandson, it caused such a huge argument that they don't speak anymore. They live five houses from each other on the same street, and... they haven't seen their grandson for two years. That's got to hurt more

I don't think I could leave my family, I see my mom everyday and my husbands family and my family all live within 5 minutes drive of each other.
I also love England, the weather can be pretty dull but it's just an excuse to wear a nice thick jumper and boots and put the fire on. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas to me in a hot country I don't think I would feel the same. I love the park in the autumn and conker picking with the children.

I'm happy to live in England with my family and have nice sunny holidays to look forward too each year.
If I tried another country I know I would be home ASAP

Take them with you :wink2:

My parents both left to live abroad (and met each other there) so I didn't really know my grandparents or any other relatives. That's just how it was. I left home to live abroad, and now I have left my children to come to the UK. I guess we like travelling.

In this day and age, what with Skype, internet and all the means of travelling it's easier to keep in touch that way. I speak to my friends back home more than I speak to the ones that live in the next village.

One couple I know were so against their son moving to new Zealand because of the fears of not seeing their grandson, it caused such a huge argument that they don't speak anymore. They live five houses from each other on the same street, and... they haven't seen their grandson for two years. That's got to hurt more

That's crazy, if they are not even going to talk to each other then they might as well of made the move

For years I quite fancied living abroad for a few years, maybe Spain – but I really like my life in England. I love my job and my house and live in a city with my friends and family all close by. Not sure I’d want to leave all that at the moment!

I lived in Rhodes for 3 years, came home when gran got ill to spend quality time with my grandparents. Only have grandad left now and when he goes (hopefully not for a long long time) I will be going back to Rhodes. I love it there and my god babies are there and I miss them sooooo much x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd love to buy a villa in Turkey. Don't know if I could live there full time but I certainly could do 6 months of the year there.
I also fancy Cornwall as I have quite a lot of family that live there.

^^ my 2 favorite countries! Turkey and Rhodes. I'd love to live in either.

Laura xx

Lived in Brisbane for 5 years had a great time. Been home now for 2 years would never leave the UK again it's my home. On my holidays in Mexico at the moment and miss my friends now never been like that before. The experiences of living abroad I think can completely change your outlook on life for the better would always encourage people to experience it :)

I love the idea of being in a warmer climate for 6 months of the year and travel around then home for 6 months. I would rent not buy though as I'm sure I'd get home sick and miss my family and friends too much.

Also love Turkey and Crete x

Debbie

For two pins I would sell everything, pack up my pants and my little cat and leave these shores. There is nothing keeping me here any more.

For two pins I would sell everything, pack up my pants and my little cat and leave these shores. There is nothing keeping me here any more.

:( oh Lynne xx

Debbie

Don't want to 'like' your post but just send you a little love x

I feel like this too Lynne.
Nothing could complete my soul at this moment, just leave!!

My heart is broken, my soul bruised and my faith in human nature diminished.
:(

Latest posts

Back