Wow - the carrier bag method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abalone step by step using CND Colour and Effects.
  • Apply black polish to plastic bag
  • Apply CND Ice blue shimmer to still wet black polish
  • Apply copper shimmer CND Effect
  • Apply CND Emerald Shimmer ontop of copper shimmer,
  • Now leave to dry for at least 24 hours, they will flatten out and you will be able to peel them off
  • Apply to nails just top coat over them for staying power.
Make sure that when you are applying the next colour the bottom colour is still wet, that way they sort of pool into one another.
drip the colour on as well dont brush it on or will get messy.

Thank you so much xxx

I've made some from Gelish can I just stick to inhibition of colour layer, then topcoat to seal? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Loved this I know what I'm doing this weekend :)

Fab ideas. Will definitely be having a 'play'. Thanks everyone. :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've made some from Gelish can I just stick to inhibition of colour layer, then topcoat to seal? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Was the plastic you made them on ok in your 18g? xxx

I made the decals Busybee did as I was so inspired by her amazing idea. I made loads in pinks and purples, using CND colours and Effects polishes, they looked so gorgeous. I used a couple on my own nails over Asphalt and then hand painted lines in black to make it look like Charles Rennie Mackintosh's rose design, there is a photo of this in my albums on here. I then put all the rest of the decals in a little pot to keep for another day. Went to use them again a couple of months ago and the whole lot had stuck together :sad: So the storing didn't work for me, so need to think of another way to keep them, might just leave them on the bag next time xx

What a shame. I keep mine in plastic folders (the ones that are open on two sides). That way they are kept seperate, safe and you can easily store them and see what you've got. Also they dont "dry out". I have some that are kinda old, and they still work (made from gel, paint or normal polish).

Latest posts

Back