Wow - the carrier bag method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy87

Reaction score
Morning Geeks

Are you all enjoying the snow :lol: he he.

I was just looking thought you tube for ideas on valentines nail art with water marbling and i came accross the carrier bag method, it looks so cool and i have never heard of it before. Have any of you?

I will def be trying it out for my left hand, it makes it alot easier to do nail art on your less dominant hand. :green:

Just thought i would share with you all.

xxx

Hi!

Carrier bag method?! New one on me! Will be checking this thread in anticipation for further info!!!!

I know what I'm doing today ;)

It is a way of making your own decals. It is actually a method that we teach and I wouldn't say it was actually 'new'. But some quite cool things can be done using this method (Jeni Smith .. Busybee has done some amazing designs using CND Colour & Effects, that look like Abalone shell) .simply stunning and very chic.

Have fun.

Last edited:
The are called decals.

CND's Education Ambassadors have been using this method for quite a while now.. I'll try and find some videos for you to watch.

Cool isn't it? :)

Edit... I really need to speed up on my typing :lol:

Sorry geeg!

Here's one of the lovely Holly's videos for you to see where she makes decals with Shellac...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-kZbcxNJH4

Is it possible to make these then store them for later?
Thanks
Vicki x

Yes- I made a bunch and stored them in a little pot. I've added a pic of my first attempt before peeling them off xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328519143.049532.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328519143.049532.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 957
Yes- I made a bunch and stored them in a little pot. I've added a pic of my first attempt before peeling them off xx

Super thanks. They look fab
Vicki x

Wow thats cool

Love these fee! thanks for sharing xxx

why have i not seen this before lol, loving it..its cost effective, creative & looks like abit of fun. so I know what how im using up my old polishes lol, does anyone know if you could make the decals out of nail polish & apply over gel polish?? just wondering. x

Wow that's so cool! Thank you for posting this - what a clever idea! I am so giving this a go!!!
I cannot see why this could not go over gel polish butterfly - earlier in the thread its been said u can do this with Shellac too - so seems viable you can put it over yr gel polish n then seal it with the topcoat and cure. I cud be wrong so we'll wait n see lol 😜

Ok I was so not aware of this!!!!!!!!! Can I ask how you adhere these to the nail? Do they just cling on or do they require nail glue?

Thanks

From what i saw on the video she put top coat on her nail, then the decal, then top coat again to seal it in.

Im so glad i found the video looks like so much fun :green:

Ok I was so not aware of this!!!!!!!!! Can I ask how you adhere these to the nail? Do they just cling on or do they require nail glue?

Thanks

I mentioned this method awhile back ago, but I don't think I was understood. Merp! :lol:

I mentioned this method awhile back ago, but I don't think I was understood. Merp! :lol:

I didn't see your post but then again it may have been when i lived in germany with no internet lol, I would have deffo looked alot earlier if I'd seen your post. as soon as the hubby has been fed I'l be in my room playing with nail polish hehe this could get messy knowing me:lol: x

Oh wow!!! That's fantastic xx

Latest posts

Back