Wrap or not to wrap

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I have the universal system in my attic, it's been there since I bought it, I did maybe 3 wraps, I got pregnant and it was to much work.

Do you think it's worth taking it out of hibernation and using it maybe some sort of summer promotion? You see the thing is, having only one room it means 2 hours of my time which takes the profits down, but then again it's loosing money being in the attic....

It was very expensive, I do like the mud but it's sooooo time consuming.

Do you find there's still a demand for universal wraps?

I would love an easy non messy wrap, but there's no way I'm buying another one until I get some money back on this one.

Drag it out! Dont leave it in there! I have a tank in my garage but being freelance no longer get round to doing it.

Its a fab treatment. If you have a few hours a day without clinets what harm would it be to have a client in there for two hours and put all your other clients in around it. Your not going to lose clients are you?

How about doing a package for £80 thats a pre wedding/holiday package with the wrap a manicure and pedicure. Or do a special offer for friends/mums & daughters etc. For example instead of £55 for one charge £70 for two if they come at the same time. You can always keep one in reception or buy a screen for your main room whilst measuring and wraping, to protect their modesty.

Kate

Hmmmm! Good idea.....a promo for 2 together.....that's worth thinking about

You could even do a "coming soon" type poster, outlining the benefits etc, which may generate a bit of interest for the promotion. Def give it a go as I know how expensive the kit is!

It is a time consuming treatment, but the results are fantastic!! They are hugely popular where I work.

We charge £50 per treatment but we offer discounted facials and manicures etc if they have them while the wrap is on. That way you can earn money whilst the bandages are on, if that makes sense.

Hth

It is a time consuming treatment, but the results are fantastic!! They are hugely popular where I work.

We charge £50 per treatment but we offer discounted facials and manicures etc if they have them while the wrap is on. That way you can earn money whilst the bandages are on, if that makes sense.

Hth

I had thought about doing that before, but then I thought they might be cold laying in the wrap - how do you find doing a facial while the wrap is on?

I find it fine doing a facial whilst the bandages are on. I usually put a Duvet over them to keep them warm and we have massage blankets on the couches, so I offer them that if they want it. I usually find they have to be sat at an upright angle whilst doing a facial with the bandages on as laying too flat causes too much pressure on their chest from the bandages.

It's definately worth getting it down from the attic

I find that there is quite a demand for the wraps leading up to the summer for weddings, holidays etc

The other posters have given you some great promotional ideas xx

Thanks - I'll get it out of retirement and start promoting it in March. After the summer I think I'll sell it.

I'll let you know how I get on.

I remember when I first used universal as a wee girl still training back in the dark ages we had to get the clients to walk and do gentle exercises, we even got them on the toning tables. When I retrained with them a few years ago this wasn't the case anymore - any ideas why?

H I do the Universal Wrap, This will be my second year offering the wrap. I found it went well all year round, apart that is from Christmas. I think apart from it being cold, the credit crunch made it go quiet. I have 1 lady booked in so far for her second course of 3. Then she will have it 1 a month. I think that I will offer a mini facial with it or a manicure/pedicure. I think for me it will defo be a seasonal treatment. I love doing the wraps but they do take along time, and I only have 1 room. They do suggest that the client move around, but I think that is just to keep them warm.Good luck with the wraps.xx

Latest posts

Back