Wrinkling tiger blossom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellie xx

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Im hoping somebody can help me.i am new to gelish and have done 8 pairs of hands so far!my last 2 have not been great but the 6 before that were near enough perfect.

I did my sister in laws nails this evening using tiger blossom and after curing the second coat of colour it looked like the first coat had wrinkled underneath on her little fingers,1 middle finger and 1 thumb but only on the outer edges. She didnt touch the side of the lamp as she put them in (i use the nail harmony LED lamp) im wondering what i did wrong?? i applied the 1st coat very thin and the second coat slightly thicker but still thin ~ so thin that i also feel like it possibly would have looked better with even a 3rd coat. Any ideas as to what ive done wrong so i can avoid this in future would be gratefully received.also what i can do now to sort it out?would the only answer be to soak those nails off and start again?

My other problem i had were with my mums nails. Her natural nails are quite short so was a bit difficult when capping the free edge and got some of the gelish on her skin. This was fine in terms of tidying it up as i just used a tipped orange wood stick soaked in cleanse and cleaned the polish from the skin (i was doing a french with 2 coats of ambience over sheek white) the problem came 2 days later when her thumb and index finger peeled from the free edge to half way down those nails. She does have a thyroid problem so her nails and skin around her nails is very dry. I buffed the 'peel' off her nail during my prep so cant understand why this would have happened?? Again,any help and advice would be gratefully received!

sorry for such a long post!xx

sent from my samsung galaxy phone

Any ideas anyone?!

Could be a couple of things. Most likely applied too thick. Although you say it was thin, it was maybe too thick at the free edge from capping. Or, the bulbs in your lamp need replacing. How old are they?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Thank you for your reply tweezerhappy.my lamp is only 4 weeks old!!must be my application.so would you put 3 very thin layers of colour on rather than 2 slightly thicker?also how would i go about sorting it out?would the only answer be to soak off and start again now?

Thank you for your reply tweezerhappy.my lamp is only 4 weeks old!!must be my application.so would you put 3 very thin layers of colour on rather than 2 slightly thicker?also how would i go about sorting it out?would the only answer be to soak off and start again now?

I've never had to do 3 layers with any colours, but yes, 3 thin layers rather than 2 thick. Don't drag your brush as this will remove colour. Keep it parallel to the nail plate.

Do you ever check the Gelish lovers group? Lots of great tips.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I do ~ i love it!the application of french baffles me too ~ ive posted a question on there this afternoon too!i hope i get great at it soon!

Latest posts

Back