Writing a letter of interest - Geek in need!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkSwoon

Reaction score
Helloo everyone!

I'm writing a letter of interest for a property which is perfect for my dream salon. I have the address of the owner but I am emailing (as it's quite premature, I'm still pre-start) so don't want to come across as impulsive. I'm a bit stuck with what to write! I've also noticed that it's been vacant for a while, two or three years at least so I'm going to possibly use that as a way to get some months rent free (hopefully!).

If anyone could help me that would be pukka!

Thankyou :)

Hi PinkSwoon,

I'm in the same boat as you to. I've got all the answers to questions I've ask after viewing a premises but now need to get the letter drafted. I've been on google and typed in sample letters in which you do get a some information. But I'm confused with do you just write a letter to express your interest or is it a letter to express an interest in the premises along with information regarding the lease and the lease duration???
Xx

Dittooo! I don't want to put in too much info because it's just potential not definite but it's so difficult to get that fine line between a casual enquiry & something what sounds like a it's been written by a solicitor haha!

😄 I know. That's exactly what I'm think!

Ok Velvet Rose, I've just sent this & I'm cacking myself.

To Whom It May Concern,

Please forgive me for contacting you this way but I am contacting you to declare my interest in your property at (The address). I have noticed that this property has seemed vacant for some time & feel that it would be suitable for my business. If you could contact me regarding the status of the property that would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

My Full Name

I think what you have written sounds fine. It doesn't have to be legalese - I often think this puts people off anyway.

Let us know how you get on!

Vicki x

Thanks Vicki! It's such a stunning property, it's perfect! The rent when it was last on the market was £550 so that's quite cheap for my area & the property (it has an outside building so great for storage & massive potential for treatment room etc) & a huuuge back garden but it looks so cosy & quaint from the outside. Oooo trying not to get excited because I am such a dreamer sometimes.

Here she is! The outside building I mentioned is the stone one to the right. She looks a bit drab at the moment, windowframes could do with a lick of (lighter!) paint! It's an end 2 bed terrace :)

Screenshot2014-07-11at115123_zps21c41fed.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Why didn't you call the number on the board and ask the questions? It's only an agent.

It looks quite sweet.

Sorry Virtues should have added that this is an old picture, there aren't any boards on there anymore & it's not on any agent sites but it's a freehold property so I'm hoping to receive a reply soon! Fingers crossed

Sorry Virtues should have added that this is an old picture, there aren't any boards on there anymore & it's not on any agent sites but it's a freehold property so I'm hoping to receive a reply soon! Fingers crossed

Oh ha ha. You'll be fine. Best of luck. X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Good luck. I have just signed the contract on the rest of the barn we rent, so we are expanding. Exciting times!

I'll post a pic - I keep trying to catch my lady cows outside, but never have a camera handy!

Vic x

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 107
Looks gorgeous Vicki! Congrats :D

Last edited:
Thanks hon. We've had the 'little' end for about 18 months, and had to share the big end for 2 weeks - it had been empty before that. Sharing wasn't good! As soon as the temp tenants left, we signed on the dotted line - have to change it into space we can use now, rather than just a big barn!!!

Keep us up to date with yours - it looks really cute!

Vic x

Ah I don't think I'd want to share either! Haha. I will! It's lovely isn't it, hoping things go to plan!

Good luck. I have just signed the contract on the rest of the barn we rent, so we are expanding. Exciting times!

I'll post a pic - I keep trying to catch my lady cows outside, but never have a camera handy!

Vic x

What a beautiful building Vic.

It is lovely, and even better now it's ours!
We debated whether to go now due to a break clause, and move to the nearest town, but our USP is where we are, the cows and the sheep when we have them, free parking etc, so it was either leave or take on the whole thing! I now have a massive space to convert. I'll try and post a pic of the inside!

V x

Here goes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1405093364503.jpg
    1405093364503.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 77
Fabulous space. I'm sure you'll make it look amazing.

Are you wanting to turn the whole place into a spa/salon pink? Or will it be a home salon from the outbuilding?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

The whole thing Amberext :) however I will probably be living in it too at the start, it's two bedroomed & I don't think I could afford to do it up all at once so would probably just use the downstairs at first!

EDIT: that is a very good idea mind!

Latest posts

Back