XXL Live

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
I have a client who went to another salon. And they recommended her to buy XXL because, 'it's just as good as pro products.'

Anyway, she had wanted red. But it's come out purple.

I used Goldwell colour remover on two strand tests and nothing happened. At all. Do I tell her that she's going to have to wait for it to fade more? Or do you think that the heat from the head will help a little?

I'm not sure I'm keen on bleaching it out. Her hairs massively bushy, it feels soft but has pretty much no elasticity.

She also seems (judging the book by its cover) that she probably doesn't use pro shampoos/conditioners etc.

Try bleaching the strands and see what happens!

Just as good as pro products my arse.

XXL is awful stuff to remove. Do you know if she's reapplied it or it's just one application?

Bleach one of the strands and make sure you show her all the test results during your consultation. She needs to see the evidence of how crap it is before she's likely to believe you.

It's possible, but it seems unlikely that a salon would recommend a client use XXL on their hair as they'd lose business that way so I wouldn't take too much notice of that.

Doesn't xxlive coat the cost in some horrid silicone?

Maybe do a malibu c treatment (can't remember which ones, it's either the crystal or colour prepare) to remove that horrible coating

And then test a strand with bleach?

My wife used xxl for a long time, when she wanted to stop and have a colour change we used a bleach bath and it all came out, :) give that a try?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447512757.035686.jpg

Bottom:- Goldwell color remover 20 mins.

Top:- Goldwell colour remover 20 plus bleach bath with 20vol for 20mins.

Top feels coated in something?! [emoji107]

What does she want to achieve?

She wanted a more vibrant red.

She wanted a more vibrant red.

Swerve the bleach bath they're poo. I'd just go with bleach and 3% or 6% with olaplex, try that on a strand test.

Would you not achieve the red she wants on the bleach bathed one?

Swerve the bleach bath they're poo. I'd just go with bleach and 3% or 6% with olaplex, try that on a strand test.

Would you not achieve the red she wants on the bleach bathed one?

Possibly. But it just feels in such poo condition. I could add olaplex to the bleach bath? She doesn't seem the type come in for standalone treatments.

She did mention blonde as well. But I said that's very unlikely to happen.

She is coming in Monday for a restyle so I'll explain the benefits and get her to come in for some stand alones and establish EXACTLY what she wants. With some pictures!!

Possibly. But it just feels in such poo condition. I could add olaplex to the bleach bath? She doesn't seem the type come in for standalone treatments.

She did mention blonde as well. But I said that's very unlikely to happen.

She is coming in Monday for a restyle so I'll explain the benefits and get her to come in for some stand alones and establish EXACTLY what she wants. With some pictures!!

Yeah have a thorough consultation and then come back and start again haha

I knew she wanted the colour stripped out. And I knew it was XXL. I wasn't sure it would strip at all as I know it's sometimes a difficult thing to do! X

I knew she wanted the colour stripped out. And I knew it was XXL. I wasn't sure it would strip at all as I know it's sometimes a difficult thing to do! X

I know its a bugger, I'd definitely recommend the stand alone though as you said.

Why has Schwarzkopf cursed us with XXL?!? [emoji31]

Latest posts

Back