yellow nails- smokers- sunbeds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkinails

Reaction score
Please help I have a few ladies who are complaining that their nails are turning yellow- one of them is a smoker the other uses sunbeds- she actually went straight on after I did her nails!!

I rent space in a tanning salon so alot of my customers are sunbed users- not all of my ladies nails are turning yellow but a few are, once I buff away the top coat the acrylic seems to be okay underneath.

But what can I do to prevent this happening- the top coat I use is called yellow-out so I thought this shouldnt happen

I have ordered new glaze and go from NSI that you put on over the acrylic and set under UV it says it is non yellowing would this be better instead of topcoat- help quick I dont want anymore complaints!!!!

Also would it be wise to advise ladies to avois sunbeds for 24- 48 hours or should this not be a problem.

dont know if this is any help but my nails have been turning yellow recently but i know for a fact its my after sun, it has a hint of tan enhancer in it and i use it after sun beds too. i wouldnt blame the sun beds cos its not happening to everyone.
nikkinails said:
Please help I have a few ladies who are complaining that their nails are turning yellow- one of them is a smoker the other uses sunbeds- she actually went straight on after I did her nails!!

I rent space in a tanning salon so alot of my customers are sunbed users- not all of my ladies nails are turning yellow but a few are, once I buff away the top coat the acrylic seems to be okay underneath.

But what can I do to prevent this happening- the top coat I use is called yellow-out so I thought this shouldnt happen

I have ordered new glaze and go from NSI that you put on over the acrylic and set under UV it says it is non yellowing would this be better instead of topcoat- help quick I dont want anymore complaints!!!!

Also would it be wise to advise ladies to avois sunbeds for 24- 48 hours or should this not be a problem.

Have you tried not using a top coat and seeing what happens? If it doesn't happen anymore then there is your answer. I never use top coats over L&P, I just buff to a shine with my Girlfriend (Creative 3 way buffer)

If it does then you need to get into detective mode with your clients and work out exactly which ones it's happening to and whether they are all sunbed users, a particular body lotion, tanning lotion, etc.

If it's buffing off then it's something over the enhancements not the actual product itself so it's something they, or you, use.

HTH
Trin

I've started using EZFlow UV30 Acrylic UV Sealer and Never Yellow Sealer over it, since I've started tanning. I haven't had any yellow problems, and my smoking/tanning clients haven't either. It's a double barrier, and thicker than just a top coat.

I also use EzFlow UV30 top coat which I have found prevents any yellowing. It must be something the client is using at home cos if you can buff it off and the aacrylic is ok underneath it must be a layer they're adding somehow?! Ask some questions to do a bit of digging, they may be using something they don't even realise will damage/yellow their nails!

Good luck with the detective work!

Well I dont use tanning beds/products/smoke but I always get a slight yellowing on the inside of my right ring finger. I know exactly what the cause is...Its my foundation.
Im always careful but no matter, still happens... I sometimes get lift there too as the product gets degraded by the way I hold my pads of scrubfresh and acetone. :smack:

Glorsclaws said:
Well I dont use tanning beds/products/smoke but I always get a slight yellowing on the inside of my right ring finger. I know exactly what the cause is...Its my foundation.
Im always careful but no matter, still happens... I sometimes get lift there too as the product gets degraded by the way I hold my pads of scrubfresh and acetone. :smack:

foundation as in your makeup?? that makes sense... *lightbulb turns on*:idea: :idea:

Latest posts

Back