Yellowing glitter?!?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katherine21

Reaction score
Hi everyone, wondered if anyone else had this problem or knows what im doing wrong.
i have tried putting the white glitter dust on to my acrylic nails then putting my gel top coat over the top , after a few days( by the time they come back for infills) the nail has gone yellow. i then tried the same effect but by using a clear glitter polish on top of the nail. this also yellowed. does anybody know why, or what i should be doing?
any help would be appreciated.

x

What products are you using? Some are prone to yellowing, especially in the sun or if sun beds are used.

I use NSI l&p, the glitter i have is just from my local suppliers, was prob star nails, and the glitter polish is from the attitude range. Do you know of anything i could use. i know for certain that one of my clients who i used it on doesnt use sunbeds?
x

Are you sure it's your top coat or glitter that is yellowing and not the l/p underneath? Maybe your brush could be contaminated and that might be what is causing the yellowing?

yes as on one girl i only used the glitter on two of her nails, the rest were fine, as have been everyone elses who i havent used the glitter on. another local salon uses it and theirs lasts really well, confusing me...

Strange then. Sorry I can't help as I have never used thse products....hope you get it sorted xxx

Does your glitter have acrylic powder in it or is it purely glitter on its own?

If it has acrylic powder in it and it is a different brand to your other products and hence you are mixing brands within the overlay - monomer from one brand, powder from another then this could be your problem.

no its just a pot of glitter, no acrylic powder mixed in:cry:. x

Latest posts

Back