You know you're getting on a bit when...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Social Media is a different language :confused:

When you go into town and round every corner you say 'that wasn't there last time I came'

When you call local shops by the name they had 20 years ago instead of what they are called now and your kids don't know where you mean :o

When you call local shops by the name they had 20 years ago instead of what they are called now and your kids don't know where you mean :o

And also when you call sweets by their old name! Marathon, Opal Fruits, etc.

When you love giving advice!

I'm 22 and alway manage to fit a pair of flats in my clutch bag for when I'm 'coming home with the milk man' also have my very high sit down heels for nice meals.

I also deny it when my 4 year old nephew calls me a grown up! And I can't join in because it for kids!! ... Well I soon prove him wrong!!!! Then have an argument with him that I am a kid!! Ha

This is so true! Times I say opposite Kwik Save , next door from Gateways etc etc

On ladies, I know I'm in good company... I have laughed so much at these ;)

... When your old clothes come back into fashion and your 16yro then goes through and steals all the ones that you've saved for 'just incase I ever fit into them again' (4 sizes+ too small)

..... When your 5yro asks if dinosaurs were scary when you were younger 😭

... When hearing "Nana, my loves you" makes you melt 💖

... When your grown up children take the Mick and say things like "cars had square wheels made of rock and people spoke in grunt when you were growing up" and then laugh with each other trying to find the best age gag

... When you try and speak like a chav nobber to your 16yro old and say "yo blud, brap brap innit" and she walks away shaking her head saying "No, just no" haha get down with the younguns .. Gawd laughing at myself now.

... Laughing at your own stupidity :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

When you thoroughly enjoy a cup of tea and sky news - I'm 31!!!

When you make the slow progression from Radio 1 to Radio 2 and then onto Radio 4!

When you can't stand Kiss radio and start to appreciate classical music

When you realize you have put a like on nearly everyone's post on this thread :eek:

When going out for an evening becomes a big deal .....

When you start saying 'In my day' or even worse 'When I was young/your age' ....

When you amuse your grown up children with stories of the type of thing you got for Christmas as a child ie a doll had 'Rooted' hair and not just coloured moulding on the top of the head ....

When you tell them something they're wearing isn't actually a new fashion, just a recycled one from the days of your own youth and beyond ....

When you just look forward to going to bed at night ....

When you long to just sit in peace and quiet with a cuppa ....

When you're looking for a seat in a cafe etc and try to choose one as far away from noisy children as possible ...

When you want to lose a bit of weight and it takes longer, because your metabolism is naturally slowing down like the rest of you ...

When you have your hair coloured and the extreme grey at the front is so resistant to colours your hairdresser advises you to treat that bit as a 'Natural' highlight ....

When your back starts to ache/you get sciatica ......

When you try to explain to your children about money before we went decimal ....

When you're always converting grammes/kilos into pounds and ounces ....

I was talking to my mil yesterday (56) and her husband and she asked if my mum (58) would be getting married to her boyfriend! I laughed-not cos I think she's old but I thought maybe it's too late for that, and my mil laughed and said "oh god you kids think were too old for anything!!" I was like no just a bit late to get married now! (I'm 26! Not really a kid haha)
Then embarrassingly her husband added "apparently we still have sex too!!!" God it was so awkward and he thought it was hilarious!😳 Even my mil looked at him like a nut case! Haha

When your children burst out laughing at the sight of an old telephone and you have to explain how the "dial" worked.

When you are out on your Christmas "do" and you are watching the clock from 10pm onwards, wishing it to be midnight when the taxi should be arriving.

When you are out on your Christmas "do" and you are watching the clock from 10pm onwards, wishing it to be midnight when the taxi should be arriving.

And then, after you get older, you're the one saying "It's too early to go yet!"

I was clearing stuff out recently and came across my very first mobile phone. When I showed it to my son, he was in stitches. It looked like a wardrobe! It was massive.:lol:

When you bump into someone you went to school with and walk away thinking 'god, she looks old'.
Never occurs that she may be thinking the very same thing....

When you look at your youngest brother's mates and think 'phoar'...even though you can remember them in nappies!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back