young drivers insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always found it cheaper going to the insurance companies direct, rather than going to confused/compare the market etc etc, I also seen on the telle that tesco have a compare site too but I havent tried it.

I have had a new car for every year I have been driving, I started off in an old banger because I knew if I had scratched it or knocked it, I wouldn't be really that bothered or out of pocket! I have had cheap cars for the first 3 cars, but the insurance is creeping back up now as I am buying more expensive cars rather than £200-£600 jobbies!!!

Every year I always look on every single insurance company I can find on the net to make sure I am getting a good deal. It takes forever, but if its saving of £300+ then I will do it!!

Get yourself a cuppa & keep going!! :lol:

Ooh ... edited to add, that it also depends on where you park it & how many miles you do in a year!

Ooh ... edited to add, that it also depends on where you park it & how many miles you do in a year!

and what job you do
what you use it for, ie pleasure, business etc (going to more than one place of work would be classed as business use!!)
accidents, claims, losses, whether to blame or not!
Motoring convictions and endorsements ie speeding
Dissabilities or medical conditions
Who is driving? sometimes cheaper to add mum if she has clean record!!
Value doesnt normally affect the quote, unless its over 25k or something, its the year of make that they use to calculate the rate.
Dont say its garaged if its left out overnight, if it gets stolen they can get out of paying for the claim!
Also be careful of excesses if you doing an online quote! they will ask you if you want a voluntary excess but dont tell you that there is already a compulsory excess on there so you can end up with double what you thought you had!!

hth

Latest posts

Back