young nails, gel overlays chipping/crackin at tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurawalsh617

Reaction score
Hi

Been using youngs nails synery gel now for 6 months and not had too many problems. but just of late been finding a few clients are getting chipping or sometimes small cracks in the gel.
Particually chipping on the ends with french overlays.
Im not sure if im doing something wrong!!
I prep the nail and apply a coat of protein bond, the apply the base coat of gel, apply my white, then apply the flex gel. and use finishing gel to finish. One lady has had problem twice now so going to remove all and try from scrach again today. is there something i am missing for overlays?
Laura x

Hiya, are you making sure you cap the free edge?? other than that have agood look when they are finished at your thickness and shape see if your missing something. hth, cx

I would say to check the thickness on the free edge, if you apply too thinly then it may crack if she knocks her nails, also the capping is essential. Basically what Claire has just said! ;)

Hi Laura I ALWAYS had problems with this with any gel.Have a look at Gregs sculpted reverse application on youtube using the builder gel.I've just started using it and although I'm still practising I'm not getting the chipping x

Latest posts

Back