Young Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Hey all

Just wondered if anyone uses Young Nails on here? I won a comp on their fb page a while back and have only just started having a play with the kit (twinkle toes kit).

I was wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on the l&p and gels.

Thanks

I'm not a nail geek but my nail tech uses Youngs L&P (we're in Blackpool so they're local!) and they are the best I've ever had, don't know if it's the product or her skill but they have never lifted, they're nice and thin and seem to go on easily.

i use them and love them
i have dabbled with other gels too but always revert back to YN.
All the high end products will be great quality so i suppose it's whatever you get used to.
Greg has some great Vids on you tube and has his own little band of gregettes on here.
we'll let you join too :lol:

I converted to YN in the summer and just love it, The L&P is really nice to work with and the gels are excellent, the reverse method works well for me, check out Greg Salo videos on youtube he is brilliant.xx hths

Can I ask, do you HAVE to use an e-file when filing YN products? I have a personal dislike to e-files and prefer good old elbow grease and files.

TIA

no, an efile isn't essential at all.

Greg tends to use the efile in the newer videos alright but i assume that's because Young Nails retail their own efile so of course he'd be seen promoting it.

but hand files will do the trick no bother

Just pulling up an old thread but I have been reading all the young nails ones like mad, I am starting my acrylic course with them in Dec, so excited :) Heard some amazing things about their products and I am self confessed Gregette too lol xx

I to use YN in my salon and LOVE IT!!!!! Transferred from another well known system last year and never looked backed. Only ever use an e file when backfilling. Products so easy to use with fantastic results xx

I've only just started doing enhancements so just improving my skills at the minute but can recommend young nails.... Only product I have used but seems to be working for me so far. Really good customer service too

Can't wait to get started. If you buy their efile training for the efile is included in the course but I think I will learn filing first off and then get further training in efile if needed xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Am i right to say their synergy gel is a buff off hard gel? Can you file it to very thin and then use acetone to remove the last bit of it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

I would like to know this too , can the very thin last layer be soaked off ? x

I do that with brisa hard gel and I did it today with Crystal nails hard gel too. You have to buff really really thin though then soak for about 15 mins.

Xx

Excellent, thought I had read that somewhere lol xx

Latest posts

Back