Your method of applying gel nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird!! I was about to post the same question! I got told to firstly paint on a a thick layer in small circular movements then do the tip then the stress area and build it up but when I watched the NSI video it showed you to just paint on the first layer and kind of paint the rest on? I watch NAIO nail video on YouTube and she dose the same! But wouldn't this make the nail flat? I'm so confused?

Thats one of the reasons I posted this...I got myself into a youtube frenzy after seeing lots of different methods!

I use the logging method too and have for years, but if the zoning method is more effective and longer-lasting then I might try that out. xx

Hi Jessica,

How long are your gels lasting with logging? x

Hi Jessica,

How long are your gels lasting with logging? x

Sorry for the late reply mummycat, usually 2 weeks and then the lifting begins x

Sorry for the late reply mummycat, usually 2 weeks and then the lifting begins x

No worries Jessica, thanks for responding.

I wonder why that is? Obviously your PEP/PREP is good otherwise they wouldn't last as long as they are.

Would anyone experienced in gels help us to troubleshoot please?

x

Lifting is caused primarily by incorrect prep, gel application too thick in the wrong place or nails too long.

Lifting is caused primarily by incorrect prep, gel application too thick in the wrong place or nails too long.

Thanks Rinn,

When you say it's maybe caused by nails that are too long, that would be because the apex would be in the wrong place?

Wouldn't they just lift within a couple of days?

I'm thinking more about the client banging and bashing the nails therefore causing air pockets which will cause them to lift and eventually pop off.
Lifestyle has to be taken into account when deciding suitable length. :)

I'm thinking more about the client banging and bashing the nails therefore causing air pockets which will cause them to lift and eventually pop off.
Lifestyle has to be taken into account when deciding suitable length. :)

Yes that's so true!

I've got clients that want to go from nails with hardly any free edge at all to very long stilettos/almond and I try to always talk them out of it, instead making them take baby steps into having long nails.

If they've never had long nails, they don't know how to treat them.

(I learnt this the hard way...and blamed myself, until I realised!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back