You're a professional?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMama

Reaction score
Although I only use CND products, I love to learn and I take every class I can since they're so few and far between where I live. That's why when this other very big and well known company had a class in my state, I signed up. It was supposed to be a four hour nail art class so I figured what I would learn would be universal. The instructor was asking us what we had on our nails. I said I had Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel with Shellac. She said, "I don't know anything about that crap!" :eek: She continued to rant on about how much she hated CND and Shellac in particular. I was shocked. I've never heard an educator bash another company like that before. She gave false information about Shellac and another well known product. She swore constantly. She admitted not knowing or caring to know the chemistry behind her products. :rolleyes: She recommended removing everything, including Shellac, with an e-file. She didn't even bring anything with her. She was borrowing tools and equipment from students or just saying, "well, I can't show you that because I didn't bring it with me." Sorry for the rant, but what a wasted day.:irked: I really want to call the company because I'm sure they would want to know, but I would feel bad to get her in trouble.

Although I only use CND products, I love to learn and I take every class I can since they're so few and far between where I live. That's why when this other very big and well known company had a class in my state, I signed up. It was supposed to be a four hour nail art class so I figured what I would learn would be universal. The instructor was asking us what we had on our nails. I said I had Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel with Shellac. She said, "I don't know anything about that crap!" :eek: She continued to rant on about how much she hated CND and Shellac in particular. I was shocked. I've never heard an educator bash another company like that before. She gave false information about Shellac and another well known product. She swore constantly. She admitted not knowing or caring to know the chemistry behind her products. :rolleyes: She recommended removing everything, including Shellac, with an e-file. She didn't even bring anything with her. She was borrowing tools and equipment from students or just saying, "well, I can't show you that because I didn't bring it with me." Sorry for the rant, but what a wasted day.:irked: I really want to call the company because I'm sure they would want to know, but I would feel bad to get her in trouble.

That's ridiculous!! I would be wanting some money back as you clearly didn't benefit fully as the educator didn't bring tools to demonstrate everything?! I've never heard the like of it... VERY unprofessional.

Who cares if you get her in trouble as a company I would want to know if one of my staff weren't doing their job properly.
I would also want a refund.

You don't want to get her into trouble, but you are okay giving this person your money for a wasted lesson, where you learnt little and went away questioning her professionalism and knowledge?

Call the company hunni and let them know about the standards their educators. I would expect some sort of good will gesture from them in light of your experience and the time you wasted x

Have to agree I would most def whistle blow on her, she is letting the company down who employ her!

I would definitely call the company and talk to someone about her lack of professionalism. Her behavior is unacceptable.

I'm sorry you had such a cruddy day.

I would want to know if one of my employees behaved like that.

And you're really not doing her a favor letting her do this. Such behavior is guaranteed to make sure she doesn't rise in the company or worse, gets fired. Sometimes the kindest thing is to tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

You definitely need to make a written complaint about this, I suggest written cause then you can keep a copy too.

Think about this from the bosses point of view, we should assume that the boss has put lots of money and effort into his/her company and I'm sure if you had put your heart and soul into your company, you would wish to know about a staff member like this before she ruins your companies reputation.
I know I would want to know and I would be on to it like a fly is to poop:)

Let alone the waste of money and time on your behalf!!!
I would ask for a refund in your written complaint and if you know how to contact anybody else who attended, try and speak with them and see what they felt and if they feel the same, ask them to also write up a complaint.

I wouldn't worry about getting her in to trouble, she clearly does not appreciate the job she has and is not concerned for the techs (or their money) who attend a class and she must be pulled into line or moved on to another job.

Good luck, let us know how things go:)

I don't even know where to start, I'm almost too shocked to type!
Definitely tell on her! That is the most unprofessional thing I've EVER heard.
And you must get a refund. No tools. No integrity. No manners. = No payment!

Good luck x

So sorry to hear you had such a bad training experience.

I see you are in the USA, where hair and beauty are regulated so hopefully there is some better system of redress in place than we have in the UK. I know bad training happens in every industry, but we do seem to get far more than our fair share of it! Part of the problem is everybody thinks they can be a teacher... A good therapist does not necessarily a good teacher make,unfortunately. And this PTLLS nonsense had made everything worse in my opinion - a 10 hour online course and a microteach on Skype and away you go! Who cares if your skills are adequate??!!! Who cares if you only did YOUR OWN training last week???!!!

In terms of complaining, I definitely would. My old business teacher used to tell us something I have never forgotten: when you have a bad product or service experience it is a responsibility to complain. Firstly, a responsibility to yourself, to stand up for yourself and for the hard earned money you used to pay. Secondly, to stand up for your colleagues and friends, and try to prevent them going through a similar experience. Thirdly, although not your responsibility, think of the business owner.... imagine your trainers were behaving this way and nobody told you! Sometimes it takes complaints to make things improve.

I hope you get a satisfactory response to your complaint and get your money back to put towards better training that will meet your needs.
Good luck.

J

Hmm! I wonder what her 'story' is? There surely must be one.

When a person says such silly things and behaves in such an unseemly way about a top brand, there is usually a reason. Some people get nasty about CND because they have perhaps tried out to become a CND Education Ambassador and failed to reach the standard. Some take it as a personal affront to their decision to use another brand when you talk about or praise CND to them! Some people are just plain negative and bitter and nasty (and she sounds to be all 3). Whatever, she certainly has placed herself in a vulnerable position and she deserves to be reported.

You should write out a class report to send to the company. We would definitely want to know if we had an educator who was being a bad representative.

Omg definitely complain!
Whilst you know not to take her bad advise, someone less experienced or just starting out may take on board the rubbish she was spouting and pass that on as a "professional".
Sounds as if she shouldn't be practising- never mind teaching anybody!!

I would also urge you to complain.

I have just recently had to leave my job because I was working along side a person who thought it ok to act in a totaly unprofessional manner. On many occasion I had to walk away from my desk (in admin, not nails) ashamed of her behaviour. I loved my job, but I couldn't stand it anymore. I did report her to my bosses but they said that without any complaints from the clients/customers, they couldn't do anything about the situation.

I like to look at complaining as giving feedback. It gives the company or person a chance to rectify things.
I would like to have that chance if I have made a mistake.

I agree with the others.

She is dis respecting the company she works for and I'm sure they would be horrified.
She is dis respecting herself as a professional within the nail industry which we are all horrified about.

She really should be reprimanded at least , her attitude is dreadful.

i am sorry but this is truly appalling

We all have our "favourites" and have chosen what company/products we prefer to work with, for whatever reasons. However there is no need to bad mouth others

I believe in the products I work with and if asked I would say my opinion on other companies but there is no way i would be dismissive or rule them out like that

I follow slimming world and one hundred per cent believe in it and it works and suits me. However that does not mean I would say WW is rubbish and doesnt work! different strokes for different folks

Complain x

Just to echo what everyone else has said - complain, definitely. This person acted completely unprofessionally and it doesn't sound like you got what you paid for at all.

Well, it's unanimous :lol: I just wanted to sleep on it first since I was exhausted last night. Yes, I will write a complaint and send it to the company as well as the distributor where the class was held. Thank you all for your feedback. I'll get working on it now and I'll post what happens here for anyone that's interested. I love this forum!

Well, it's unanimous :lol: I just wanted to sleep on it first since I was exhausted last night. Yes, I will write a complaint and send it to the company as well as the distributor where the class was held. Thank you all for your feedback. I'll get working on it now and I'll post what happens here for anyone that's interested. I love this forum!

You go girl!!!!

Keep us posted, it will be interesting to see what the company says.

I absolutely think you are doing the right thing. I look forward to hearing how they respond to you. X

I received an email from the company's director of education today. It was very, very nice. She said everything you would expect her to say, apologizing yet not making excuses. She offered to send me some product to try out and gave me a couple of dates for upcoming classes that I could attend for free. I'm pleased with the outcome and I feel much better :)

Latest posts

Back