YS Park Brushes, your comments please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathair

Reaction score
Hi

Im a mature student at college, NVQ 1. Ive been surfing the net for some time now looking at all the equipment.

Ive fallen in love with YS Park! I love the brushes, the Carbon Tiger!

I know they are expensive, I wouldn't buy atm, but if anyone has any comments, Id love to hear what you think.

Thanks

Kathair xx

Hi

Im a mature student at college, NVQ 1. Ive been surfing the net for some time now looking at all the equipment.

Ive fallen in love with YS Park! I love the brushes, the Carbon Tiger!

I know they are expensive, I wouldn't buy atm, but if anyone has any comments, Id love to hear what you think.

Thanks

Kathair xx

LOVE THEM!!! So nice to blow dry and fab for creating smooth bouncy curls and blow drying straight. xx

Oh Wow! What a great reply, thank you BV xx

I want the set now though!!!!! Originally I wanted one for myself, I have very thick curly hair.

Where would you buy them from? Ive seen them on CoolBlades site in Poulton-le-Fylde.

Kathair xx

I have just ordered the carbon cutting comb, never used them either but heard they are great. What are the brushes made of does anyone know, wood or plastic?:confused:

Also if anyone knows of a brush set you can buy instead of individually (ie cheaper) please post a link!! :)

Have a look on amazon for the cutting combs, the will make your sectioning so precise and salon ambition also have the range of hot brushes, combs, clips and tinting brushes. They are expensive but as with everything if you look after them well they will last you forever.
Oh and DONT EVER lend them out lol. I have done this before and I've either a. never got them back or b. they were burnt or broken. No one looks after anyone else's tools xx

I have just ordered the carbon cutting comb, never used them either but heard they are great. What are the brushes made of does anyone know, wood or plastic?:confused:

The handles are carved from beechwood, the shape of the handles make it so much easier to control the tension and direction of the brush. The hot brushes have a curling iron effect and the carbon tiger brushes are great for glossy curls and also smoothing and straight styles xx

I used my tutors when training and am dying to buy a set!! They're amazing.

I found this American site that does them in sets but still pretty pricy. Oh one day I'll have them!

http://www.alanwhite-anthology.com/index.php?id=85

I've got the sectioning combs n pintail comb off coolblades and are really good.

The handles are carved from beechwood, the shape of the handles make it so much easier to control the tension and direction of the brush. The hot brushes have a curling iron effect and the carbon tiger brushes are great for glossy curls and also smoothing and straight styles xx

Excellent thanks for the advice! I found this site that sells all YS Park products Y. S. Park Hot Brushes im going to get some :)

Some great replies, thanks!

Ill get some as soon as possible. But atm Im at college and Ill want to take them if I get some. And, yep, you know what will happen, people will want to try them.

So Ill wait a bit, but Im tempted to get one for my own hair.

The cutting combs are good, I like the white one with the measurements on, appartently its supposed to be good for starting out as being whte you can really see the hair, and obviously the measurements help.

At least with a cutting comb, its not likely to get borrowed.

Oh, I know they sell them online in CoolBlades!

Kathair xx

A white comb won't be so useful on blonde hair, lol.

Also, agree that at college, decent tools can easily go walkies even when you don't offer to lend them out so I'd only take basic tools with me. I bought very cheap black tint brushes as they were always disappearing. Lots of students seemed to forget theirs (!) and they're easy to 'borrow' from your trolley when you're busy at the backwash or otherwise occupied.

I see you're based in the midlands so why not visit HairUK at the NEC in May? They will have lots of stands selling hairdressing tools inc. scissors and often VAT free or at reduced prices. Plus there will be some hairdressing demonstrations.

It's not as big or as interesting as Salon International (in my opinion) which takes place in October in London, but you might find it fun.

Hi

Thanks for the info about HairUK, Im going to look it up now.

Id love to go, just to have a look at the products and get a feel for things.

Good point xxxxxxxxx

Kathair xx

Latest posts

Back