Is £40 for a full Swarovski crystal pedi too cheap?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
As the title says, is this too cheap?

My MIL said she was talking to someone and she noticed her toes, asked what they were and how much they paid and she said £40!

I charge £40 for big toes with bio on others and £50 for full coverage. Yes, this is very cheap but even at this price I don't get many bookings for it.

i charge £49. Takes me 2 hours to do a full set of toes. I have done my costings and after paying my wages i'm about £8 into pure profit.

now i'm only speculating here, but ...

she's either not making a profit - (using the service to bring in new clients perhaps?)

or
she hasn't worked out her cost per service/hourly rate/overheads properly

or
is purposely undercutting

or
not using genuine Swarovski?

I charge £40 for big toes with bio on others and £50 for full coverage. Yes, this is very cheap but even at this price I don't get many bookings for it.

Which crystals do you use? How many do you put on each big toe? How many do you use for a full set? Surely your not making much profit at these prices x

i charge £49. Takes me 2 hours to do a full set of toes. I have done my costings and after paying my wages i'm about £8 into pure profit.

now i'm only speculating here, but ...

she's either not making a profit - (using the service to bring in new clients perhaps?)

or
she hasn't worked out her cost per service/hourly rate/overheads properly

or
is purposely undercutting

or
not using genuine Swarovski?
So your charging the £49 for the two big toes only right?

Is the 2 hrs for a full set or just the big toes?

ive been looking into prices for this lately and anywhere within 20 miles or so of me seems to charge between £50 and £60...i dont know how many will go for it at this price but it does take a while to do!!

I've seen a very well known nail brand who charge £100 for there's. x

I charge £50 and think that's cheap!

I couldn't justify doing it for less.

So your charging the £49 for the two big toes only right?

Is the 2 hrs for a full set or just the big toes?

no, £49 is for full set, nearby salons charging £55. Theirs look nowhere near as nice as mine - sounds arrogant, but it really isn't. I don't just throw them on and turn them over in topcoat (they do) i place mine on carefully so as not to get TC over top to keep lustre

i use 4 different sizes

just started offering gold pedi as well as the crystal 001

picture.php

Last edited:
no, £49 is for full set, nearby salons charging £55. Theirs look nowhere near as nice as mine - sounds arrogant, but it really isn't. I don't just throw them on and turn them over in topcoat (they do) i place mine on carefully so as not to get TC over top to keep lustre

i use 4 different sizes

just started offering gold pedi as well as the crystal 001

picture.php
They do look nice, where do you get yours from and what size are they?

Surely if yours look better and last better then the local salon then you can afford to up your prices to make a better profit?

I use Shellac and when I was looking into prices some time ago it looked to me like the average price was £5 per finger on top f the treatment price and £10 for a big toe. You could then discount accordingly if you wished and they were having a full one.

I havent done one!

The salon over the road from me charges £40 for a full set and claim to be using genuine swarowski, mine are £50. I've seen theirs, and they topcoat over them so they look dull, the ones I saw looked like rivets, not crystals, and the client told me that their aftercare advice was to keep putting a clear topcoat over them every 48 hours!!!

I can get away with charging a tenner more because I can guarantee that mine will sparkle, but I dont think I could get away with charging more than that.

My full set are £70 for silver or £80 for colour.

I charge between £45 & £55 for big toes and Minx/wraps.

I get enough clients wanting the big toes doing but not had anyone want a full set yet.
This may well be because they have not yet seen a full set (so I am considering doing myself a full set shortly).

Last edited:
They do look nice, where do you get yours from and what size are they?

Surely if yours look better and last better then the local salon then you can afford to up your prices to make a better profit?

S2 / scatter crystals

I can't really increase just yet as only just put my prices up (was £45).
I think once the price goes over £50 people are more hesitant to have them..? well they seem to be around here (North West)

I charge £50 for all 10 toes in genuine swarovski crystals and £30 just for the 2 big toes. I've been fairly busy with these and everyone loves them!! :smack: There are salons nearby that have recently started to do them and were offering them for £35 which shocked me!!! But to be honest after seeing there pictures..... without being too mean... they looked dreadful! I dont think theres any way they are using swarovski. On the other side of it there are places charging £100+ and i've had 3 new clients come from there to me recently and say i'm obviously much cheaper, but my results are far better too:Grope: As of september i will be putting the prices up slightly and i dont think clients will mind at all. You what you pay for and every area is different. Just have to make sure your not undercutting yourself!

* you "get" what you pay for.... sorry

not necessarily.. as some have said some salons are charging £100 and I fail to see how they could do a better job that curvygirls example posted.

not necessarily.. as some have said some salons are charging £100 and I fail to see how they could do a better job that curvygirls example posted.

Sorry that was my fault... I was referring to some of the cheaper than average prices as i was talking about in my comment and clearly not using swarovski, & based on what i have seen, aswell as my clients. You are right though charging cheaply doesnt mean to say u cant do a better job. I'm 50% cheaper than majority of my local salons and def do a better job as does curygirl!!

I think you need to charge what you are worth so if you know you are providing a better service than those around you then you should ensure you are charging what your worth.

I probably fall at the cheaper end with my crystal pedis , I use genuine crystals and they look good and given the amount of bookings I get for them other people must think so too :)

I am in a really poor area , the average price where I am is £25-£40 ....I charge £40 so Im at the higher price end for the area but the lower price end on this forum . I could not get away with charging £60 plus where I am no-one would pay it .
I used to advertise at £50 no-one booked lots of enquiries but no bookings due to the price . When I reassessed my price and changed it to £40 the bookings came rolling in.
My overheads are very very low so I'm making at £40 . I may get shouted down for being too cheap but I've had to price correctly for my area . I use all the correct products and do a good job , have plenty of very happy clients for them that have recommended me to all and sundry so Im not overly concerned x

Latest posts

Back