Is £40 for a full Swarovski crystal pedi too cheap?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably fall at the cheaper end with my crystal pedis , I use genuine crystals and they look good and given the amount of bookings I get for them other people must think so too :)
I am in a really poor area , the average price where I am is £25-£40 ....I charge £40 so Im at the higher price end for the area but the lower price end on this forum . I could not get away with charging £60 plus where I am no-one would pay it .
I used to advertise at £50 no-one booked lots of enquiries but no bookings due to the price . When I reassessed my price and changed it to £40 the bookings came rolling in.
My overheads are very very low so I'm making at £40 . I may get shouted down for being too cheap but I've had to price correctly for my area . I use all the correct products and do a good job , have plenty of very happy clients for them that have recommended me to all and sundry so Im not overly concerned x

What product do you use with your Crystals Jackie? For your overheads to be so low?

What product do you use with your Crystals Jackie? For your overheads to be so low?

I set over a silver rockstar like many others , my rent on my room is very cheap and fully inclusive of bills (electric etc) so I can manage with what is deemed to low price but like I said I'm in a very poor area so I've had to price according to where I am. Im pretty quick too so im not taking hours on end to complete a crystal pedi :) x

I set over a silver rockstar like many others , my rent on my room is very cheap and fully inclusive of bills (electric etc) so I can manage with what is deemed to low price but like I said I'm in a very poor area so I've had to price according to where I am. Im pretty quick too so im not taking hours on end to complete a crystal pedi :) x

Does everyone else set the cyrstals over 'colour' Rockstar? Can you do it over clear Shellac/Gel etc?

I do it over Shellac in Silver Chrome.

I always use clear gel and allow the crystals to provide the colour.

I use Silver Chrome or clear asBaggy bear says. For me personally setting over silver Rockstar just bumps up the costs even more.

I use Silver Chrome or clear asBaggy bear says. For me personally setting over silver Rockstar just bumps up the costs even more.

Using a fine layer of glitter is only adding pennies not pounds .

I charge 40 euro for my crystal pedi on all 10 toes so that would be around 50 pound give or take, i done a crystal pedi course and set my crystals in a special resin so dont use gel at all or top coat!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Which crystals do you use? How many do you put on each big toe? on both big toes How many do you use for a full set? Surely your not making much profit at these prices x

I'm not entirely sure how many (everyone has different sized nails after all!) I've just done a rough count of my own and there were approx 120 over both big toes but I just do full coverage with no gaps over the entire nail, however many it takes. I use genuine swarovski ss5 crystals (smallest) in xillion rose ab and yes I definitely make a decent profit on them, they take me no more than 30 mins to do for big toe only with full coverage - I timed my last set.

Last edited:
I probably fall at the cheaper end with my crystal pedis , I use genuine crystals and they look good and given the amount of bookings I get for them other people must think so too :)

I am in a really poor area , the average price where I am is £25-£40 ....I charge £40 so Im at the higher price end for the area but the lower price end on this forum . I could not get away with charging £60 plus where I am no-one would pay it .
I used to advertise at £50 no-one booked lots of enquiries but no bookings due to the price . When I reassessed my price and changed it to £40 the bookings came rolling in.
My overheads are very very low so I'm making at £40 . I may get shouted down for being too cheap but I've had to price correctly for my area . I use all the correct products and do a good job , have plenty of very happy clients for them that have recommended me to all and sundry so Im not overly concerned x

In my home salon I charge £40 and this works for me I use scatter crystals ss5 and I am making a profit as my over heads are low.

But I also use swarovski toes as a marketing tool as most people who see's my clients toes will ask where they got them done. And hopefully come to me for the crystals or another beauty treatment xx

In my home salon I charge £40 and this works for me I use scatter crystals ss5 and I am making a profit as my over heads are low.

But I also use swarovski toes as a marketing tool as most people who see's my clients toes will ask where they got them done. And hopefully come to me for the crystals or another beauty treatment xx

I agree with the marketing aspect here , crystal toes certainly attract attention and get people talking :)

I agree with the marketing aspect here , crystal toes certainly attract attention and get people talking :)

one of my clients went into the Swarovski shop to look at some crystal ornaments for her mum. The female staff saw her toes and squealed in amazement at how blingy they were (what with all the lighting they have in the Swarovski shops) my client told them where she'd had em done (me). One of the female staff said "oh, i had mine done at Nails Inc for £120 - they were nowhere near as nice as yours, and yours are WAY more sparkly"

so, the highest prices do not always equate to a better job..:D x

I Shall be having a look at these! I don't know who in my area does these and how much they charge, would be helpful that way I can price accordingly... Will have a search tomorrow

I do think your prices are a bit on the cheap side (sorry).

I only use Swarovski crystals as I have found with other gemstones they just sit there rather than SHOUT - Look at me, I'm sparkly!

My charges are;
Full set Hands or Toes - £100
Full accent finger or big toe - £60
Shellac with (up to 20) Swarovski - £40

This has all been worked out on product and time costs.

This is less than what Nails Inc are charging and more than others who are offering 'Crystal' pedicures at £35. How can they afford to do this unless they are super speedy quick at the application of 300+ crystals?

I use sizes from SS7 to SS3.

I only use Swarovski crystals as I have found with other gemstones they just sit there rather than SHOUT - Look at me, I'm sparkly!

My charges are;

This is less than what Nails Inc are charging and more than others who are offering 'Crystal' pedicures at £35. How can they afford to do this unless they are super speedy quick at the application of 300+ crystals?

Wow, if you can get £100 go for it! I bloomin would if I could but here in Liverpool business is absolutely cut throat and I only charge £50 and even then I've only had a few takers, which is a shame as they look great.

Location definitely plays a massive part, if you're not competitive then unfortunately you just don't get any business. :sad:

I tried a set on a friend of mine to see if I had the patience to offer it to paying customers..as it was an experiment I didn't use swarovskis, just normal crystals. It turned out great (obviously would be better if I used swarovskis) so Im probably gonna charge €50 as Ive broken down the cost of my gel polish, swarovskis and other costs and gives me a nice profit per application. I used 200 crystals on that one with no gaps, full set...is that average for crystals can anyone tell me?

Sent from my RACERII using SalonGeek

My charges are;

I wish I could charge those prices for my Swarovski crystal pedicures , but where I am no-one would pay that .
If I was to ever escape this area (very poor) I would put my prices up and in line with where I was x

Latest posts

Back