£14.50 food challenge for a month

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you had read this thread & the links then you would know it was a 1 month challenge, not a long term thing and that it came about because they bought the cats food for 1 month and her boyfriend said you couldn't live for a month on that money - so she tried to prove him wrong.

She also explains that she doesn't eat a lot anyway normally and that she is not from the UK (if that makes any difference) so her eating habbits are different to ours.

I hope she did manage to last the month and that her boyfriend treated her to something fantastic for doing it.

thanks for the additional detail. It hasnt lessened my shock in fact i dont think that is a reason at all to do sch a serious undertaking. a month is actually a really long time to go on such a restrictive diet. the aim of not spending much money is fine but no reason the op couldnt have used up store cupboard food or gone to friends for dinner or bought 'oops' food.

i seem to be a lone voice on this thread but that level of starvation is dangerous. your brain uses over 400 calories a day alone, I think the minimum number of calories required is 1200 a day. If the op doesnt usually eat that much ( and so has little fat reserves) this is even more silly.

what the op has undertaken is an extreme crash diet but over an extended period. she should really only be doing this under the supervision of medical professionals and a nutritionist.

i just cant understand why people are encouraging it, can you not see the risk? would you not feel awful if (when) the op became ill.

I find it a more than a little chilling that the blog wasnt finished and the OP doesnt post anymore.

thanks for the additional detail. It hasnt lessened my shock in fact i dont think that is a reason at all to do sch a serious undertaking. a month is actually a really long time to go on such a restrictive diet. the aim of not spending much money is fine but no reason the op couldnt have used up store cupboard food or gone to friends for dinner or bought 'oops' food.

i seem to be a lone voice on this thread but that level of starvation is dangerous. your brain uses over 400 calories a day alone, I think the minimum number of calories required is 1200 a day. If the op doesnt usually eat that much ( and so has little fat reserves) this is even more silly.

what the op has undertaken is an extreme crash diet but over an extended period. she should really only be doing this under the supervision of medical professionals and a nutritionist.

i just cant understand why people are encouraging it, can you not see the risk? would you not feel awful if (when) the op became ill.

I find it a more than a little chilling that the blog wasnt finished and the OP doesnt post anymore.

I agree 100% with u xx

Exactly what I was thinking...Hopefully she just came to her senses and made herself a proper meal!

If you read all the posts you can see others voiced a number of concerns and worrys but she was very derterment and no one could put her off.
Sometimes you have to support someone even if you don't agree as at the end of the day she is a grown woman and can do what she wants and knew the risks.
Hope she can post and tell us all is okxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

i saw people have mentioned it was unhealthy etc but noone actally stated that it is dangerous. honestly you could die from eating this little. probably not in 8 days but certainly 3 weeks of this diet your body will be breaking down muscle for energy including cardiac muscle and you will have no reserves to fight infection. especially someone who is very active and not overweight to begin with. not to mention damage to your kidneys and liver from prolonged ketosis and the biochemical changes which would make it difficult to start eating normally once the project was over. I do not see anywhere that the OP has acknowledged the risks of a starvation diet.

i would really like to hear from the op that she is ok. xx

Personally I would not do it as I have ME and would make me very ill but I no when I was younger I would of done it as I'm stubborn and like to prove a point.
I'm worrying now she is ok! Be great just if she could post to let us no x x

I just saw this blog now and I'm really shocked. Did the OP say what her motivation was for trying to live on such a restrictive diet?

I thought at first she mean't that she was going to try and live off her store cupboard but she didn't even allow this.

I'm also honestly shocked at how encouraging everyone was, when from the blog diary it's clear that she was eating very little (put some of her days it into myfitnesspal and they are working out as less than 500cal). with virtually no protein and very little variety. Undereating + malnutrition can be very damaging and I hope the OP did not continue her challenge for longer than a week and that she is ok.

Being this controlling over your diet too for no apparent reason is also
screaming eating disorder to me?!?

I think insinuating that the op has an eating disorder is completely out of order .it was a challenge.

I can assure everyone that the op isn't dead or poorly from her challenge :p she was on here 6 days ago lol.

Her user name is very busy bunny which in my mined would suggest shes busy lol.

It was a challenge no eating disorder,not starving herself etc.

I doubt very much if the op would die from 3 weeks worth of eating what she's eating.lord knows I only eat about 700 a day of healthy food and I am no way poorly or nock nock nocking on heavens door.

Maybe the op stopped posting because of the lectures.The thread wasn't made for lectures it was a challenge for 3-4 weeks.The op had stated that she dosnt eat a lot on a normal basis normally 2 meals a day and fruit and she's been obviously eating like that most of her life some people just don't eat a lot not every one is the same everyone is different.

I can assure you my brain does not use 400 cal a day lol.

Peace geeks XX

When I first read it, tbh, my first thought was that there is a majority of people in the world who survive on so little, and that the OP was proving the point of that we in the Western world can survive on so much less than we think we can.
I have no view on whether she has an eating disorder; as it's been brought up my only thought is that sufferers usually try to conceal their problem, rather than highlight it. Either way I think the OP perhaps has abandoned the project, and I can understand why.

When I first read it, tbh, my first thought was that there is a majority of people in the world who survive on so little, and that the OP was proving the point of that we in the Western world can survive on so much less than we think we can.
I have no view on whether she has an eating disorder; as it's been brought up my only thought is that sufferers usually try to conceal their problem, rather than highlight it. Either way I think the OP perhaps has abandoned the project, and I can understand why.

I think it's because supermarkets are blinking expensive!
I hope she updates us with how it went :) x

Latest posts

Back