10vol or 20vol for blonde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzion

Reaction score
I have a client that is white base (extremely grey) she was fair before that. I currently use LK 10/7. +10/0, +20 volume. She wasn't happy with her previous hairdresser so asked me to do it, very difficult as I always thought it looked fine. She was worried about going to dark, when I matched up her ends it was 10, I added some warmth and she liked it. Her previous hairdresser always used 20 bol so I stuck with that but she's complaining that it'd. It covering her grey properly, I really don't want to go down a level as I'm now paranoid it will be to dark, so wondered if I could use 10 vol? Anyone else I'd just go for it but as she's so particular with her hair I wondered wat you guys would do? The problem is mainly the hairline area, which is a general tough area. I have also told her to make sure she has no make up or moisturisers on her hairline as there was last time.

Many thanks x

I'd go for a level 9 that has extra coverage in your range for the roots then match it with a quasi to refresh the ends when needed :)

Maybe go with 10 vol and see how that goes on before going darker xx

If its extremely grey then I would use 20vol didn't think 10vol would cover 100% white hair properly, is it not the make of colour your using? Isn't LK a
Hairdressing suppliers own make of colours? :) xxx

You won't get full coverage on a level 10.... Go for a 9.

Have you showed her a color swatches in different tones! You may find its a tonal issue and ya could use a 9. I take a picture of just their hair and show them the picture and ask if they like the color. Also lighting is huge fluorescent or incandescent . Hope this helps.

You wouldn't believe what I've been through with her, and I made sure we was outside when I showed her it and matched her own hair etc. trouble is last hairdresser put ash on it which she hated, which in turn made it look darker. It is only round her hairline that there's a problem no where else. I don't usually use LK but had to get the colour quick so had to nip into local whokesalers, plus I'd used this particular tone before and it's a really nice creamy colour. Thanks for the replies.

You wouldn't believe what I've been through with her, and I made sure we was outside when I showed her it and matched her own hair etc. trouble is last hairdresser put ash on it which she hated, which in turn made it look darker. It is only round her hairline that there's a problem no where else. I don't usually use LK but had to get the colour quick so had to nip into local whokesalers, plus I'd used this particular tone before and it's a really nice creamy colour. Thanks for the replies.

My mums white round her hairline and a base 5 everywhere else I do bleach highlights and brown lowlights all over and to match the white up I use a base 9 with 20vol on the white parts and it's perfect if I used a 10 it would be too light so her hair would still near enough look white

My mums white round her hairline and a base 5 everywhere else I do bleach highlights and brown lowlights all over and to match the white up I use a base 9 with 20vol on the white parts and it's perfect if I used a 10 it would be too light so her hair would still near enough look white

Thanks Hun x

Latest posts

Back