19 new Shellac colours for 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've actually said several times in this thread and in the Shellac lovers group, that the colours are not the same nor even close to the others. Don't you trust me when I tell you stuff like that? I would never put my head on the chopping block and give you a load of old rubbish information. 10 years on this site and 30 in the business and I don't make a habit of dishing out tripe. Just saying geeks!

I've actually said several times in this thread and in the Shellac lovers group, that the colours are not the same nor even close to the others. Don't you trust me when I tell you stuff like that? I would never put my head on the chopping block and give you a load of old rubbish information. 10 years on this site and 30 in the business and I don't make a habit of dishing out tripe. Just saying geeks!

I really don't get why people think that CND would produce colours which are similar to existing ones. What would be the point? Do we all not know CND well enough by now to trust that they only come up with great things?!

I really don't get why people think that CND would produce colours which are similar to existing ones. What would be the point? Do we all not know CND well enough by now to trust that they only come up with great things?!

Hear hear!! It's not like CND are in the habit of ever producing more colours that are the same or similar just for the sake of it .... But it seems according to others, that some other companies do just that and I have read quite a few complaints about it here on SG. Perhaps they do it to say how many colours they have opposed to Shellac? Lol. I think we all know that it is much easier , simpler and more cost effective to have quality of choice rather than quantity of choice.

I have a friend who uses another brand and she told me she had bought every single colour of over 100 colours. Apart from gathering dust on the shelves, some have also quietly been curing rock hard in the bottles on the shelves and she has wasted many many pounds and now has a load of 'gone off' stock. The bottles were not in the sun but neither hidden away in the dark either. Just in the salon. I had the same thing happen to me with the same brand and I had kept them in a dark cupboard; 1 year later and when I opened each of the three, the brush was stuck into the cured gel and it was all unusable. I personally don't own even all of the Shellac colours!! Bet that's surprised you!! :eek:

Hear hear!! It's not like CND are in the habit of ever producing more colours that are the same or similar just for the sake of it .... But it seems according to others, that some other companies do just that and I have read quite a few complaints about it here on SG. Perhaps they do it to say how many colours they have opposed to Shellac? Lol. I think we all know that it is much easier , simpler and more cost effective to have quality of choice rather than quantity of choice.

I have a friend who uses another brand and she told me she had bought every single colour of over 100 colours. Apart from gathering dust on the shelves, some have also quietly been curing rock hard in the bottles on the shelves and she has wasted many many pounds and now has a load of 'gone off' stock. The bottles were not in the sun but neither hidden away in the dark either. Just in the salon. I had the same thing happen to me with the same brand and I had kept them in a dark cupboard; 1 year later and when I opened each of the three, the brush was stuck into the cured gel and it was all unusable. I personally don't own even all of the Shellac colours!! Bet that's surprised you!! :eek:

Oooh c'mon then Geeg, spill! Which ones don't you have?

I'd be interested to know too! :) x

I buy every new colour once, then replace as needed. As I said in another thread I've still got some that I brought originally, nearly 3 years ago and they are still perfectly fine. Shellac is awsome!

Karaxxx

Grape gum and hot chillis = luuurrrveeelyy :D

Will have to try this one out later. I'm after a proper raspberry pink so going to try hot chillis over pink bikini see if that works :-/

I'd be interested to know too! :) x

Well really, it's not about what you or I like, it's. about what clients like. Too many colours are chosen by the technician because she likes them and not enough thinking about the clients likes or the trends.

For instance I am not interested for myself in most yellow based colours unless it is a red like Lobster Roll ... That is gob smacking gorgeous. But colours like cocoa leave me cold ... HOWEVER I have so many clients who LOVE that colour. I'm not interested in having blue nails myself. Nor green etc but of course I have them for clients who do like to get a bit adventurous in the summer months.

I hear lots say they don't have 'clearly pink' yet we replace this colour almost every month in the salon, we use it so much. If I did not buy colours I don't necessarily like I would loose allot of business from clients who like neutral shades and more funky shades. So my opinion goes out the window when choosing. I agree with Twid ... We have all colours in the salon, and replace as we need from the clients choice. Never try to be clever and to second guess what the client's choice will be ... You will surely guess wrong! Lol

In my home studio I have only about 12 colours that I use personally.

I've got to say, I'm not wowed although I do think they're beautiful. I just want something a bit more different than a shade. Out of the 4 I think pink bikini and lobster roll will be most popular.
Im not saying they're similar but I just think they're a bit more similar than i personally want lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Ah well that's different then.

I have them all for clients, if I wasnt able to I would let the clients decide rather than myself choosing but I only wear a select few myself.

Burnish Green Gold Sparkle into Water Park, absolutely stunning colour, very mermaid-y I love it! :D

Burnish Green Gold Sparkle into Water Park, absolutely stunning colour, very mermaid-y I love it! :D

I've seen your pic on facebook, it looks lovely xx

I've seen your pic on facebook, it looks lovely xx

Incredibly hard to photograph, the picture does it no justice at all

Loving Lobster roll and Pink Bikini on me

picture.php

2 Clients chose grape gum today this lady only owns black and purple clothes and this is the perfect choice for her!

picture.php

2 Clients chose grape gum today this lady only owns black and purple clothes and this is the perfect choice for her!

That combo of Grape Gum with Konad is absolutely lovely!

My battered box arrived this afternoon, I think I was lost in the computer meltdown of early morning orders !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My battered box arrived this afternoon, I think I was lost in the computer meltdown of early morning orders !

Was everything inside OK?

Oh yes, all was fine, lots of s2 snow in there keeping it all protected ;-)

picture.php

picture.php

These are fab. What konad/bm plates are these designs on? Love them xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back