19 new Shellac colours for 2013

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 coats of Grape Gum yesterday to get full coverage on not very long nails ... thankfully ive a second bottle in stock :wink2: gorgeous colour

ive noticed a few coming through thinner consistency .... romantique doesnt look or feel like it used to, alot sheerer, this was a very popular colour but doesnt have anywhere near the coverage it used to

i like thin consistency but the product wont last as long as im having to use more layers to get the coverage

kx

is anyone finding that Grape Gum and Azure Wish's coverage is quite poor? I'm finding myself dissuading clients from these 2 colours, especially if they want Brisa Lite smoothing as well...

4 coats of Grape Gum yesterday to get full coverage on not very long nails ... thankfully ive a second bottle in stock :wink2: gorgeous colour

ive noticed a few coming through thinner consistency .... romantique doesnt look or feel like it used to, alot sheerer, this was a very popular colour but doesnt have anywhere near the coverage it used to

i like thin consistency but the product wont last as long as im having to use more layers to get the coverage

kx

I've found colours are thinner now too especially the new spring and summer collections. I like the consistency but it is going to make a difference to our profits if we have to keep using more than 2 coats. I got good coverage with 3 coats of grape gum. Have not had to use 4 coats yet!x

picture.php

I've used cream puff under and romantique over azure wish and limeade to go with cake pop for pastel spring nails if it ever gets here!

kx

It must be for LED compatability.

Lobster Roll :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365249040.474738.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365249040.474738.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 10,572
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365249086.929189.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365249086.929189.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 5,412
It must be for LED compatability.

I do not think so. Colours that are semi sheer are meant to be semi-sheer. When the LED lamp is released later in the year it will be a lamp that is compatible with Shellac ... Shellac is not changing to be compatible to the LED lamp.

I do not think so. Colours that are semi sheer are meant to be semi-sheer. When the LED lamp is released later in the year it will be a lamp that is compatible with Shellac ... Shellac is not changing to be compatible to the LED lamp.

The consistency of some of the colours seems to be different, that's what made wonder. Thanks for clarifying that Geeg.

The consistency of some of the colours seems to be different, that's what made wonder. Thanks for clarifying that Geeg.

That's what I know at the moment, Rinn, and we just had a CND world summit where we would have been told if changes were afoot.. CND have always been 'up-front' with their distributors and education ambassadors about technical information of that kind.

I think consistency has always varied according to the pigment content and the different formulations of each and every colour.

picture.php

I've used cream puff under and romantique over azure wish and limeade to go with cake pop for pastel spring nails if it ever gets here!

Eva, what colours have you used for the leaves?

I adore these kitschy, vintage-inspired nails!

I'm currently curing the second layer of lobster roll in my first hand and oh my, I am in love. Who cares about the other colours this is the one for me!!

picture.php

Gorgeous layering x

Hotski for the leaves x

ave4une3.jpg
ususy5yt.jpg

Lobster Roll is my new favourite, I love it. It's knocked Tropix off the top spot for me xx
Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365269885.052148.jpgpink bikini.....love it!

I absolutely love love love Grape Gum.❤ Here is mine today with tutti frutti and cream puff for roses and pretty poison mixed with cream puff for leaves.😱 (eeeeeek. I know should'nt mix but hay ho). Picture does not show its true colour here as its more cadburys purple in the natural light. All the new ones are lovely though x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365277587.969589.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365277587.969589.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 550

Geeg do you have the slightest idea when the new lamp may be released?
I don't have the CND lamp atm (naughty I know!!)
I want to buy one but if a new one is due out then obviously I want to hold off until then ;)

Last edited:
Geeg do you have the slightest idea when the new lamp may be released?
I don't have the CND lamp (naughty I know!!)
I want to buy one but if a new one is due out then obviously I want to hold off until then ;)

Just want to throw this out there but if you are using a lamp on clients that is not the CND lamp you do realise that your insurance will be invalid?!

Just want to throw this out there but if you are using a lamp on clients that is not the CND lamp you do realise that your insurance will be invalid?!

Really?
I dropped my first CND lamp down the stairs a couple of months ago. Very stupidly didn't secure my trolley case correctly before lifting the handle to go down the steps :(
I've been using my one from training, but then heard a mention about a new led version- which I really want!!

Last edited:
Really?
I dropped my first CND lamp down the stairs a couple of months ago. Very stupidly didn't secure my trolley case correctly before lifting the handle to go down the steps :(
I've been using my one from training, but then heard a mention about a new led version- which I really want!!

Yes if its not the CND lamp or the old brisa version it will not cure the shellac properly, can cause breakdown etc and insurance will be invalid. From what I've read the LED lamp won't be available until nearer the end of the year.

Oh. I have never had an issue with the non branded lamp. It's been curing fine. Will get an electrician to take a look at the CND lamp and see if he can save it first.

Latest posts

Back