1st client - psoriasis question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Style

Reaction score
I had an appointment tonight for a mother and daughter. I did the daughter 1st, the only issue with her was that she had quite flat nails and on a couple of nails the tips had more bounce than I would have liked I compensated for this by using a bigger tip and trimming down the sides but I was still struggling with a bubble in the middle of the thumb. Was this the right way to go or as I thought on the way home should I have cut a v in a tip?? anyway I got through it and she was please with the end result even though I wasen't really.

Then I had a look at the mother and she had quite bad psoriasis on her thumb nail and it was lifting from the bed uneven and was a bruised colour she also had it on a couple of others less severe though. she is also a nail biter so on a few of them there was no free edge to tip to. So I said I wanted to check re the psoriasis and how best to treat it gave her a manicure and painted them, encouraged her to grow them which she said she had but had bitten them all off last night!!. The question I have is I'm thinking that a natural nail overlay would be an option what do you geeks thinks?? all advise greatly recieved :)

Sorry for rambling

xxxxxxx

clients with significant signs of psoriasis should talk to their doctor. these clients with psoriasis should avoid all nail trauma, such as soft tissue cuts or friction burns to the bed,these can result in tissue scarring or loss of the nail plate. take great care with these clients and be very carful to avoid traums. for many of these clients it may be best to keep their nails short to prevent accidents and injury.

clients should see a physician before applying enhancements or manicuring. trauma could lead to nail shedding and scarring of the eponychium or lateral sidewalls

this was taken from Doug Schoons book "nail structure and product chemistry" (pages 71/76)

hope that helps flower

Thanks Glynis your a star, and I'm off to get that book :)

xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back