1st try of watermarbling...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
emmsybabes! said:
just read this on the site

Q: Remove the excess nail polish while the tip is submerged. This is key to the success of this type of marbling.

how do you do this ,can someone explain..i dont understand this bit !

I would be curious to see how this works since the finger should be nailplate facing down in the water.. at least that's how I do it...

:irked:

You wanted honest opinions, right? Well, from what I can see, I think they look incredible! Great job! I have yet to try it on a real person.

Michele

VHunter said:
I would be curious to see how this works since the finger should be nailplate facing down in the water.. at least that's how I do it...

:irked:
The nailplate doesnt have to be down on the water.
I dip vertically, then while my finger is submerged, I use a cocktail stick in the other hand to swirl around the finger and remove any excess paint that may blob onto the nail as I withdraw it from the water.

Glorsclaws said:
The nailplate doesnt have to be down on the water.
I dip vertically, then while my finger is submerged, I use a cocktail stick in the other hand to swirl around the finger and remove any excess paint that may blob onto the nail as I withdraw it from the water.

i did it allmost the same...although nailplate was down,i still removed excess of polish on the water around the finger, & than took a finger aut & tidy it up a bit...tidied them completely only after i've "varnished" all 10 nails...

Vertically?
Hmmmm never tried it that way.
Although I have done the clean up (majority of) before removing the finger, by swirling an orangewood tipped with cotton in the water to pick up the remaining polish before withdrawing the finger.

I agree with everyone! Looks GREAT!! Like raspberry swirl icecream! MMMM

Hi all, this is my first post (anywhere) and at first glance, this looks like a great site, and I think I'll probably learn a lot from all of you! I graduated as a nail tech only a few months ago, but as part of an optional nail art project, I tried the water marbling and it worked great. I did 2 three colour combos; hot pink, yellow, orange and moss green, yellow and blue. The two colour one is black and white. I think that I dipped the nails face down onto the polish ...has anyone had it work by dipping the nail in the water up under the polish? Also, I'd like to protect it with something stronger than just a topcoat. Does anyone know if a gel overlay would work? (would it stick to polish?) Sorry if these questions seem sort of lame, but most nail art that I have done, has been pretty much self taught. Thanks for any advice you may have to give me.
T. :confused:

Latest posts

Back