1st wedding trial yesterday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwish

Reaction score
I did my 1st wedding trial yesterday. I think the bride and bridesmaid looked stunning. They said they liked it, I asked them if they wanted me to changed anything and they said no . just waiting for them to get back to me to let me to know if they want to book . I keep checking my mails. Just wanted to say thank you to Geeks for your advice and brilliant make up knowledge it really helped me to stay focused and not panic when things didn't go my way . Just want them to put me out of my misery and tell me out either way.

Fingers crossed that they will book!
How did they find you?x

Fingers crossed they do. They contacted me through my Facebook page . I am lucky where I live we have a mums page for the village and I post on there all the time.

Hopefully they will be in touch soon enough! Sometimes my brides take weeks to book an actual wedding day hair or make up xx

it's a good job i don't bite my nails, I'd have none left.

Hi, dont forget to ask for a deposit when they call to confirm the booking.
You dont want to be let down with few days or so before the wedding.

Did you charge them for the trial? I find if I charge for trail then offer redeemable on wedding day treatment I then get bookings. If I do free trial I don't see them again as I've just shown them how to do it themselves for free.

Did you charge them for the trial? I find if I charge for trail then offer redeemable on wedding day treatment I then get bookings. If I do free trial I don't see them again as I've just shown them how to do it themselves for free.

What do you offer as redeemable? Please don't say the cost of the trial??!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I did charge them, and told them i require a 50% none refundable deposit upon booking . They seemed keen, hope they aren't now trying to recreate the looks. :-( I always think everyone is honest etc. I can see i am going to have to grow a seriously thick skin . x

Patience, give them time. dont worry about the recreatng looks - few brides want to compromise and be cheap when it comes to their make-up - the majority want to be totally fabulous and in the hands of a professional

Patience, give them time. dont worry about the recreatng looks - few brides want to compromise and be cheap when it comes to their make-up - the majority want to be totally fabulous and in the hands of a professional

Thank you, I have another trial on Sunday for my friend and her Bridesmaids. The one i did on Sunday contacted me through Facebook if she books then I know i am really doing a good job if that makes any sense? I just need that first booking by someone I don't loom. X

I don't know, stupid phone. x

I never ever offer free trials, it's my time and product at the end of the day! Unless its a wedding fair where I put it down to marketing..
Don't get disheartened Hun if the doesn't book in, sometimes brides try a few makeup artists or hairdressers before they settle on someone. Chin up, you are doing everything right :) xx

She booked, she booked, she booked, she booked.So pleased, happy and excited. :D

Oh yay congrats!! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks guys, she came in today to pay her 50% deposit. I did another trial today, a bride and 3 bridesmaids. They looked stunning, I have never done so many smokey eyes in one day before. lol.

Good news hun x

Aw that's fab news! I love getting wedding bookings :D

Latest posts

Back