2nd Competition practice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrenchQueen

Reaction score
Only a month to go till the sydney comps.YAY!! So nervous now..:) Please give me any advice. I'm feeling pretty good about these although can definatly see a few things to work on.
The first pic is of my model. The second is of my left hand That i did this morning

Yhanks:)

Attachments

• jo 27 july 10 (Medium).JPG
    jo 27 july 10 (Medium).JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 160
  • sarah127july (Medium).JPG
    sarah127july (Medium).JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Hey These are great. I might just see you at Sydney. I will be there for the first time ever. Can't wait. Best of luck for the comps
Cheers
Karen

Thanks. It will be my first time there too. Kinda scary lol:lol:

They look really nice!
Comp critique.... Try to pinch a bit more as they look slightly hippy where the white flags are... you want the side walls to be perfectly straight from top to bottom.
There is slight shadowing on a couple of the nails where the pink has overlapped the white - you want your white smile to be super 'crisp'.
Then they will be perfecto for competition!
Good luck!! Let us know how you do. :green:

They look really nice!
Comp critique.... Try to pinch a bit more as they look slightly hippy where the white flags are... you want the side walls to be perfectly straight from top to bottom.
There is slight shadowing on a couple of the nails where the pink has overlapped the white - you want your white smile to be super 'crisp'.
Then they will be perfecto for competition!
Good luck!! Let us know how you do. :green:

Cool Thanks. I have to admit pinching totally confuses me as it's not something i was ever taught to do. I've seen it done but am not really confident about doing it. Can you please give me some tips on how to do it without distorting the smile line

thanks so much:)

I agree with Gellys' comment,
besides this they look very nice.

I really like the length of them too, many tend to do "planks", check your rules, they may have a white to pink ratio, or a desired free-edge length (they have in the past).

If my dog isn't pregnant, ..... more than likely I will be judging this comp (I don't have my roster yet).

Looking forward to meeting all the Aus geeks.

Keep an eye out for the old fart with a clipboard and a Zebra top :lol:, say hello....

Cool Thanks. I have to admit pinching totally confuses me as it's not something i was ever taught to do. I've seen it done but am not really confident about doing it. Can you please give me some tips on how to do it without distorting the smile line

thanks so much:)
ok so to practice pinching (and yes you have to for the comp)... first try it on your hand, to feel the product.

when l&p is polymerising (that's the "name" of the process when it dries if you will, not sure it's the English word but you have the idea) that creates a heat pick and that's when you have to pinch your nail.
this is why you do nails one by one, so to pinch it at the right moment.

you use 2 tools, a pinching tweezer and then the c-curve sticks, to perfect the c-curve (lol) once you're pinched, in case it went more like < than C if you see what I mean.

another trick to know when to pinch, when it's on someone else, is the noise... when the noise changes, you can pinch (but try it before on you to notice the noise change) and the last way that I know is when your product changes aspect. when it "dries" it looks more silky/mat... here you pinch.

this also means you need a model whose nails can be pinched. if her nails are too strong, it'll hurt her. because you can really damage the natural nail if you pinch too much, too strong, or at the wrong moment.

ooh, and you pinch the free edge, right on the corners. never on the natural nail. if you feel like you should pinch the NN, pick another model with a much deeeper c-curve, it'll do half the job.

Latest posts

Back