3 Day Diets - Your thoughts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybgemini

Reaction score
Well, summer is almost upon us (I hope) and I'm feeling HUGE. I have a 3 day diet sheet that I am going to try to kick start me for the slimming world diet.

How many of you have tried a 3 day diet and stuck to it for the 3 days and lost weight?

if you have lost weight, did it stay off, or did it pile back on over the 4 days you didn't do it? I am thinking try this for 3 days and do slimming world or weight watchers for 4 days and alternate like that for a little while and see what happens.

This one covers most of the food groups, fruit, veg, meat, fish, only 1oz cheese in the three days and no milk, butter and eggs. You can sub the tuna for cottage cheese so you get more dairy that way.

It says it is a calorie limited and chemical reaction diet.

I have started it today, only sweetner on my grapefruit and sugar free drinks and water so far but am already thinking am I doing the right thing.

I have about 6 stone to loose and i did slimming world last year but only lost about 2lb in 2 months so kinda lost interest. I did Weight watchers too and lost about 4lb in the same amount of time.

I did wonder if Breastfeeding was making me hold on to the fat but I have stopped that last august and not lost any, and I also stopped taking my pill incase that was making me put weight on. I have not put any weight on since i stopped breastfeeding or stopped the pill but I have not lost any either.

Kinda desperate now!!!!!

I have done the 3 day cabbage soup diet a few times and lost quite a few pounds each time, BUT, it does always seem to go back on again .

The problem with these diets is they are only good for short term only.For instance if you have a wedding or a special occasion of some sorts and you have a dress that's a bit tight.

The better ones are Cambridge diet or Lighter Life(Lighter Life is extortionate though)These diets are much better for people that have over 3 stone to lose and your calorie intake is very carefully monitored.

Once your goal weight is achieved with this then you will go onto management which reintroduces you into healthy eating and helps you maintain your weight.

The trouble is that I have friends and clients who have lost a terrific amount of weight and looked fantastic with it,but every single one of them have regained their weight(bar one,so it's not all bad)

I think perhaps doing the 3 day diet would be good as a start then maybe you can carry on with a healthy eating plan or maybe consider the Cambridge diet.Dont forget exercise is crucial,this way you can eat more calories(within reason)and tone up at the same time.

Lots of gyms have fitness classes that have a program specifically for people wanting to lose a lot of weight,get fit and re educate them in healthy eating.

Whatever you decide to do good luck,remember most of what you lose on these cabbage diets is fluid,the body goes into starvation mode when we dont eat enough calories and so what you think you have lost is quickly put back on as soon as you start eating properly.HTH

ok i am a bit of a weight loss fanatic ...... but i have to say its never the healthy way i end up doing because i hate healthy food ...well if thats all im alowed......

I have done the atkins diet which turned me off eggs and bacon for the rest of my life but helped me loose 5lb in 3 days ... straight back on now though

I have done the cabbage soup diet but my house smelt like a rat had been killed .... lol but lost 8lb in 4 days

I have done weight watchers which is apparently the safest fastest healthiest way to lose weight lose roughly 2lb per day but you need to stick to eating properly for the rest of your life but very very good diet as you can have anything you like ....

most diets if followed properly will help you to lose weight but also a good exercise plan power walking is the new thing its fantastic the pounds fall off if used with weight watchers and i have to say this is the best way in my eyes .....

I have also tried pills which were very very effective lost a stone in a week and a half but had no energy as i was not eating properly and my heart was racing faster than linford christys was in the 100m sprint .... not a good or safe way to do it ...

I say you go girl !!! weight watchers is a good diet and will work great for you but it will take time dont get dishartened if one day you stand on them scales and you havent lost anything because the day after you might have lost double ..... which ever diet you choose will be the right one for you ....

Keep us updated maybe start a journal from today what your weight is now and your daily eating content .... good luck and think positive xxxxxxxxx

I will do a journal tonight I think. Just dont laugh when i put my weight in :(

Nobody will laugh,at least you're doing something about it,good luck.:biggrin:

No one is here to laugh at you !

We will encourage till the end xxx

Hi

I did the Scarsdale diet last year just before I got married and lost 17llbs in 2 weeks! This is diet is good for a quick fix but I piled the weight back on .....AND SOME! I have been back at Weight Watchers now for 10 weeks and I have lost 12½ pound (wothout today's loss - if any!).

Slimming world didn't work for me but WW does, don't know why. I have now got my head round the fact that if it comes off 1lb a week, at least it is a loss and not a gain and the weight will stay off. I never go hungry and can eat what I want (within reason!)

I now am not on a diet but more of a Healthy Eating plan! (of I say diet I immediately want naughty foods!)

Good luck with your Healty Eating !

Ive been on a healthy eating diet for around 6-7 weeks. Ive got a fair amount of weight to lose also, and so far have lost just under 2 stone!! Im assuming that because Ive got alot of weight to lose it is coming off faster than it would on a smaller person!

I have cut out alot of dairy, as I was a cheese freak!! lol Also things like potatoes, hubby loves his spuds, and to successfully lose weight you just cannot eat them with every meal!! Like he does!

Nobody will laugh at you, why dont you join the kind of Geek Slimming Club. Becki x does a thread on it and usually have a monday weigh in! The dieting geeks could give you some moral support!

Good luck and Im sure you'll reach your target weight!

I know nothing of 3 day diets, but do know of many success stories with Slimming World.

Good luck with whichever diet you choose to follow ... we'll be rooting for you hun :hug:

It's Atkins all the way for me!
Works well with the food / diet here - lots of grilled / barbequed meat and fresh veg.

Carbs and me dont agree!

Eva

Cut the sugarfree diet pop out. It has been proven to make you gain wieght.
Stick with water, gatorade etc. Teas are wonderful also ;)

I got the Jordan workout and it had a juice 3 day programme 3 juices every 3 hours, ok for the 1st day then my jucier melted! so cant say if it would have worked! I've been to Weight Watchers before and will be going back shortly but to be honest since I bought my Laterial thigh trainer its coming off anyway x

Rahel hun, as was said these 3 day diets do not work, only in the short term, you need to stick to a constant diet of sensible eating and exercise too hun.

If you don't want to go to a gym then get a dvd workout, hmmmm wonder if Jon Bon Jovi does one??????????????:hug:

You'll get there hun xx

If you don't want to go to a gym then get a dvd workout, hmmmm wonder if Jon Bon Jovi does one??????????????:hug:

The only problem with a Bon Jovi workout is that all the weight i lost would be fluid from all the drooling.

I was looking at getting a workout dvd, something fun and funky, anyone know any good ones and dont mention jade as her voice grates the pants off me.

Rachel

I would never diet, or do anything 3 day or not as I need my food for energy!

BUT, I know that Herbal tablets (Silver) are knocking llbs off customers in just 3 days... BUT you aren't to diet on them. They naturally supress your appetite but you are still to eat on them.

Changing your attitude to food will be more beneficial than a short diet, which inevitably is a vicious circle - leaves you starving suffering from other ails.. i.e fatigue, nausea.. then you lose the weight and are overjoyed... and then it comes back on again and you're unhappy again.. back to square on with your weight... and on and on...

I found that Wine and Wine alone was my biggest problem - I was a bigger girl when I used to drink a bottle of Wine a night to relax! I had no need to diet when I stopped drinking!

I am all for Slimming World.. the one where you eat lots of healthy foods and get Green tickets... (is that right?) so you can have treats?

My client told me that she went to her Slimming World meeting and when asked how she managed to lose X amount of llbs... all the women were gushing and exclaiming 'Wow... how did you do that' - and so she said - 'I swapped the Wine for Vodka and stored up my treats' ...... the girls all looked at each other and went quiet... my client said she felt like a Leper but she was only telling the truth!!! As alot of them saved their treats for cake and chocolates!!! :biggrin:

I tried the silver tablets last year but unfortunately about a week into taking them i had to stop because I was taking so much medication for my back problem that i dare not take them too.

I may get some more as i did feel really good when i was taking them, more engery and less hungry.

Dont get me wrong, I love my food, but I cant eat huge plate fulls of it. I think my main problem is picky eating. I wont have breakfast but about 10-11am I'm hungry and think oh its too late from breakkie i'll have a bag of crisps to keep me going til lunch and then the crisps dont fill me so i have a few biccies too.

Then i'm not hungry for lunch so I make daughters dinner and i dont have anything until she has finished. Normally noodles or Jacket spud with cheese on, or sandwiches, and the usual choc and sweets through the afternoon too. Then when hubby gets home I'm not hungry because I picked all afternoon and he is starving. So we cook a meal and it's 9pm before we eat cos daughter needs putting to bed, grrrrr. I know where I am going wrong, just need to get a routine and EAT BREAKFAST!!

I tried the silver tablets last year but unfortunately about a week into taking them i had to stop because I was taking so much medication for my back problem that i dare not take them too.

I may get some more as i did feel really good when i was taking them, more engery and less hungry.

Dont get me wrong, I love my food, but I cant eat huge plate fulls of it. I think my main problem is picky eating. I wont have breakfast but about 10-11am I'm hungry and think oh its too late from breakkie i'll have a bag of crisps to keep me going til lunch and then the crisps dont fill me so i have a few biccies too.

Then i'm not hungry for lunch so I make daughters dinner and i dont have anything until she has finished. Normally noodles or Jacket spud with cheese on, or sandwiches, and the usual choc and sweets through the afternoon too. Then when hubby gets home I'm not hungry because I picked all afternoon and he is starving. So we cook a meal and it's 9pm before we eat cos daughter needs putting to bed, grrrrr. I know where I am going wrong, just need to get a routine and EAT BREAKFAST!!
This is what I do... I eat around 10/11 (after doing ouse work) tea and a few bikkis or crisps, don,t eat lunch so nibble all day then when kids and hubby sit down to have dinner i,m full:rolleyes: then around 9pm i have another munchy attack so another packet of crisps..Also I don,t want to gain weight as I am giving up smoking so at the mo I am having a yogurt for breakfast, jacket spud for lunch, dinner with the family... lets see how that goes:Scared:

This is what I do... I eat around 10/11 (after doing ouse work) tea and a few bikkis or crisps, don,t eat lunch so nibble all day then when kids and hubby sit down to have dinner i,m full:rolleyes: then around 9pm i have another munchy attack so another packet of crisps..Also I don,t want to gain weight as I am giving up smoking so at the mo I am having a yogurt for breakfast, jacket spud for lunch, dinner with the family... lets see how that goes:Scared:

Today has gone from bad to worse. Hubby came home at lunch time so i had to take him back to work and go to the butchers so I have had no lunch either. Managed a toasted bagel this morning.

I just found this pic of me and it's going on the FRIDGE door today!!!!

Attachments

• Rachel.jpg
    Rachel.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 25
Today has gone from bad to worse. Hubby came home at lunch time so i had to take him back to work and go to the butchers so I have had no lunch either. Managed a toasted bagel this morning.

I just found this pic of me and it's going on the FRIDGE door today!!!!

I have done this , put up a slimmer pic of me on my fridge. Its working for me, I joined slimming world about 8 weeks ago and have stuck to it, allowing myself 1 flexi day a week, which is usually a takeaway. I have lost in total 1 stone 2lb WOO HOO

Latest posts

Back