3d fantasy nail art sculptures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn´t knew that either... but then again, this is one of those rules that can´t be checked unless they would snapp it in two to see what the centre is made off. there are also ways to go around this and that is to cast a small existing sculpture * not super small ofcourse cause then it doesn´t work* and fill the mould with acrylic so it is entirely made of acrylic.

I haven´t competed yet in these areas but i know trough other techs that compete that there are quite a few that use these tricks.

It's been known for judges to drill into the acrylic figures to check ;-) I haven't heard of people using molds to cheat - but the effort to create a mold would probably outweigh any advantage.

It's been known for judges to drill into the acrylic figures to check ;-) Aha, makes it more fair then the competitions :) I haven't heard of people using molds to cheat - but the effort to create a mold would probably outweigh any advantage.
Not really...you can coat an object with a few layers of latex, let it air dry, make an insision and peel it off, and fill it up with acrylic. You can drill off with a fine drill-bit any lines or small bumps due to imperfections in the mold.

Just to mention that if you enter competitions the figures must either be made entirely of acrylic or have a light copper wire frame. Applying acrylic over clay or plastic figures will disqualify your entry.

hey,

Just want to add though ,that depending on the country and the competition ,rules will vary. For the fantasy competitions in the Uk ,so far this hasnt been mentioned in the rules, so its always best to check the specific rules for the comp youre going to enter . :)

haze x

Not really...you can coat an object with a few layers of latex, let it air dry, make an insision and peel it off, and fill it up with acrylic. You can drill off with a fine drill-bit any lines or small bumps due to imperfections in the mold.

I think someone should make you a judge. You seem to know more tricks that I heard of! LOL!

Latest posts

Back