3D nail art a disaster? hope these hints and tips help a little!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see the pics, glad you sussed it in the end!! :)

Will using the 50/50 acetone mix dry the brush out at all, is it pure acetone? As would have thought it wouldn't be great for your brush? Or does the monomer even/cancel it out?
It's not been a problem for me, I just keep a small art brush for doing flowers, so its cheap and easy to replace anyway, but I am going to try the moxi, see if that works as well.

Great tips, I was going to give this a go this week so very helpful :hug:

Ok, after reading all the great hints n tips on this thread, thought I'd give it a go..........

It's my first attempt, I wouldn't offer it as a service to paying clients cos it's not of that standard yet, but I'm quite chuffed with them!

Thanx guys!

Attachments

• 1st 3D Work.jpg
    1st 3D Work.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 87
Fantastic Lisa - tons better than my attempts - well done you xxx

Don't know if I'd have got round to giving it a go just yet without your thread giving me a kick up the bum, Debbie!:)

Ok, after reading all the great hints n tips on this thread, thought I'd give it a go..........

It's my first attempt, I wouldn't offer it as a service to paying clients cos it's not of that standard yet, but I'm quite chuffed with them!

Thanx guys!
Love the blue one:)

another thing that helps me is to pick up my bead and then touch the back of my brush on to some tissue to take away any extra monomer before i place the acrylic.
i use a small flat pointed brush, i'll find out what it is and post it up for you.

p.s hope you dont mind me adding to your thread.

THE BRUSH
the one i use is a series 66 pure kolinsky sable filbert size 6.
it costs under £7 and is perfect for 3d as it has a point for precision and a flat side for pressing out petals. its available from Rosemary & Co - Quality Artists' Brushes
i buy a lot of brushes from there and can highly recomend both the quality and the service.

THE BRUSH
the one i use is a series 66 pure kolinsky sable filbert size 6.
it costs under £7 and is perfect for 3d as it has a point for precision and a flat side for pressing out petals. its available from Rosemary & Co - Quality Artists' Brushes
i buy a lot of brushes from there and can highly recomend both the quality and the service.
Thank you for the link - will have a look at it tomorrow :hug:

I don't do L&P. But all of the talk of 3D nail art and all on this site really makes me want to start.

Great job by the way Lisa!

Susan fab daisy tutorial on your website - can't wait to see the piccies in your website gallery :hug:

But guess what? I checked the Rosemary and Co website out and she is based in Keighley which is only 4 miles away from me :green:

Fantastic :lol: :hug:

oh wow.
she hand makes all of the brushes she sells.
the ones i've bought have always been lovely quality and quiet a bit cheaper than in craft shops.

thats a great combination,......
more quality, less money:lol:

Latest posts

Back