4 day course covering 3 different systems.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik Nak

Reaction score
I have just finished a four day course nail training, which covered acrylic, gel, silk/fibreglass and nail art. Do people feel that this is not enough to start doing nails and to be able to move on from there? After reading all of the comments on here, I feel that I may have made a bad choice, unfortunately the course wasnt cheap and now Im worried that it was a complete waste of time and money and I wont be able to do another course anytime soon. Has anyone else had just this amount of training and feel that they are an accomplished nail tech? Please help :cry:

Hi i completed a course at the carlton institute in 4 days, i got to grips with gel, but am going on a conversion course for acrylic with entity in oct as the acrylic we were taught was uv acrylic . I have found this site very informative and had a nsi dvd called beyond the basics which was a great help x

How do you feel after your four day training? Everyone is different :)

No it is not enough to be an accomplished anything and you will have to go on with more education and training for years and years.

Certainly you did not make your choice based on recommendations from this site but all is not lost as you can always move on with other training providers that actually provide training that is meaningful.

practise makes perfect!!! i sure u be able to do it soon :)

practise makes perfect!!! i sure u be able to do it soon :)

No ... it doesn't. :) Only perfect practise makes perfect.

And doing beautiful nails is not only a skill but an art form; that does not come without being shown how to accomplish the job perfectly and then copying the techniques until you acheive perfection yourself.

4 days with one system would be a good start, but to cover all 3 is too ambitious.
try to look at this as an introduction to the industry. you will have learned something.
we all take further training regularly even when we are well into our careers.
many of us believe that we are going to be working nail techs after a short course, but soon realise it is only the start.

you have made an investment into your future with the course, now you need to select a system and concentrate on one at a time. top up with a couple of days training in the system you choose and practice as much as you can until its all coming together. then you can build on the training from there.

eventually with dedication and training andpractice you will be able to master all 3 systems, but concentrate on one at a time for now.

On a positive angle, you have a good introduction to all systems. DVD's that come with kits are a good refresher on application and to make sure you are using the correct technique for the sysem. Then practice and practice and practice until you feel confident using this site to gain knowledge too.I would then invest in conversion to your desired quality system such as Creative. I chose this system because I think it is the most superior of all, the staff are friendly and extremely helpful and above all you KNOW they will support you when the course is over

I did a 5 day nail tech course which at the time seemed a great idea, the course taught natural nails, gel, acrylic, fibre glass/silk etc, i thought to myself that seems great, you do a 5 day course, get a certifcate, bingo... In reality and in hind sight i wish i hadnt bothered there was no way that i was going to learn all those techniques in 5 days and then be able to work on Joe public, it was more of an introduction to nail systems, for me personally i wish i had got a job in a salon and learnt from people who do nails day in day out, with advice and experience on tap, i have since given up on the nail enhancements for the above reasons and stuck to natural nails and gone into other areas of beauty. But that was just me, i am sure others may have got on better x

I have to agree with Geeg on this. You will not find a course anywhere, no matter how highly regarded the educator is, that can offer you one course and you leave an accomplished nail tech. Even with the big companies, you need to continue your education, this along with practice and critical analysis of your work will help you to develop, but there's no one course where you walk in a trainee and walk out an accomplished tech.

To learn all those systems in four days?...... your head must be spinning. Each of the systems needs a detailed approach and it's best (in my opinion) to take them one by one. If I were in your position I would be looking for a different educator now. That's not to say that what you've doe so far is wasted, because even if you'd trained with one of the biggies, you should still be looking at further education at this stage. There is lots of advice on here about what training courses to try, have a look around, dont feel disheartened, but do realise that you will need LOTS of further training to become accomplished.

Hi Guys,

A big thanks for all of you replies :)

Latest posts

Back