5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fell off the band wagon today :-( was meant to fast, but i caved and had a panini and chips in college :-( doing my fast day tomorrow instead xxx

That's what happened to me yesterday, obviously wasn't in the right frame of mind. Had my dinner, now, and got the rest of the evening planned until I retire for an early night.

I have an incentive to stick with it today, as I'm not missing out on a rather nice lunch out with a friend tomorrow. :D

Maybe we could share some ideas on what to eat for best calorific advantage on our fast days? I tend to make sure it's loaded with protein and veg, although I've just been reminded that I've got some of those zero noodle thingies. Anyone tried them, as I'm somehow a bit reluctant! :Scared: :wink2:

Well that's my first fast day done; I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how full I feel!

Looking forward to free reign tomorrow :D

I must be one of the few people doing the 5:2 with NO weight loss, been doing it for 3 months now and not lost a thing. Am tracking my calories in my fitness app so know its not that. Still at least ive not put anything on either 😏

I must be one of the few people doing the 5:2 with NO weight loss, been doing it for 3 months now and not lost a thing. Am tracking my calories in my fitness app so know its not that. Still at least ive not put anything on either 😏

Honey I'm in same boat no weight loss and no inch loss hut love my fast days so sticking with it. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Ok so I'm doing 4:3 this week as a one off! Because I've lost 13lbs so far and I want to lose 1 stone by Saturday. So it's only 1 more lb... I'm so close lol. So tomorrow will be fast number 3 in hope of shifting it by then haha

I had better lose that last lb fasting on a Friday!!!! Who does that!!!? Lol xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok so I'm doing 4:3 this week as a one off! Because I've lost 13lbs so far and I want to lose 1 stone by Saturday. So it's only 1 more lb... I'm so close lol. So tomorrow will be fast number 3 in hope of shifting it by then haha

I had better lose that last lb fasting on a Friday!!!! Who does that!!!? Lol xxxx

Lol I couldn't bear a Friday fast, good luck!

Fast number 2 for me today, feeling very glad that this is it for the week.

Hoping I get a good loss this week as it's my bday next Wednesday and I'm not sure 2 days fasting will counteract the fact that I'm going out Weds, Thurs, Fri and Sat! X

Wow good for you , I'm missing doing it so still like to pop on see how your all doing, and your all doing fab 💗
Keep up the good work girlies xx

Well today was going to be fast number 2 of the week but I have woken up absolutley full of a cold & I feel awfull so I'm not sure if I should fast or just try to get meyself as well as I can.

Got bookings this afternoon too (actually have a quiet morning though so planning to go back to bed dosed up on meds) so am texting them all to warn them I'm full of it & see if they want to reshedule or just go with their appointments.

Well today was going to be fast number 2 of the week but I have woken up absolutley full of a cold & I feel awfull so I'm not sure if I should fast or just try to get meyself as well as I can.

Got bookings this afternoon too (actually have a quiet morning though so planning to go back to bed dosed up on meds) so am texting them all to warn them I'm full of it & see if they want to reshedule or just go with their appointments.

Oh no poor you, I'm not sure what you should do,could you change today. For a Sunday maybe? X

Oh no poor you, I'm not sure what you should do,could you change today. For a Sunday maybe? X
If I put if off today I have no idea when I might feel good enough to actually fast so it would be no good planning it to be tomorrow, Sat or Sun as I may feel the same or even worse.

Think I'm going to try and fast BUT I'll have to have a little something to take tablets this morning as tablets on an empty tummy is not good. This means I won't be able to fast as I usually do & may end up going over the 500 cals but I would definatley be a LOT less than a feast day, that should help a bit even if it's not a 'propper' fast day for me. If later on I feel like having something that makes today a bust I'm not going to beat myself up over it as I have to get well asap for the kids & work & being well is more important than losing weight.

If I put if off today I have no idea when I might feel good enough to actually fast so it would be no good planning it to be tomorrow, Sat or Sun as I may feel the same or even worse.

Think I'm going to try and fast BUT I'll have to have a little something to take tablets this morning as tablets on an empty tummy is not good. This means I won't be able to fast as I usually do & may end up going over the 500 cals but I would definatley be a LOT less than a feast day, that should help a bit even if it's not a 'propper' fast day for me. If later on I feel like having something that makes today a bust I'm not going to beat myself up over it as I have to get well asap for the kids & work & being well is more important than losing weight.

Personally I'd say get yourself better, sooner your better sooner you can start again.
That's me at the mo, building my strength up to start again although I'm a long way off at the moment as just had a op.
You look after yourself and hope you feel better soon xxx💐

Ok so I'm now thinking I fast today instead. So that would be a Monday, Wed and Thurs fast! I know it's not ideal but it is just a one off!

If I get half way through the day and can't cope... then I'll do tomorrow instead but if I can do today... I'd much rather that than tomorrow as we have someone round for dinner tomorrow night,so would be better if I'm not fasting tomorrow.

I just really want to shift this last pound to hit my 1st target!? Hmmmm what to do!? Lol xxxx

Baggybear, I can't remember if it's the book or the website but one of them says not to fast if you don't feel well. So I say get better give your body what it wants then fast once your better.

Good luck Waffle and other fasters today. I'm hungry already.

Lila hows your foot? Hope recovery us going great.

I'm blowing the whole thing out at the mo. Have had a really bad flare up of IBS and have barely eaten for a week now so literally every days like a fast day for me! Think my body's gone into starvation mode as I don't think I've lost much weight either! I can't bloody win :(

Has anyone been suffering from really bad headaches? This is my 1st week and I did my 1st fast day Monday and doing my 2nd tomorrow (Friday). I've drunk 2 cups of tea and 1/2 pint of water already but can feel another one coming on now. I've had them since Tuesday and they have been coming on at different times of the day xxx

Hey Nikki just glad I'm resting, very sore but getting better thanks, how you getting use to your hair? You really suit it not many could carry it off but you look fab xxx

Hey Nikki just glad I'm resting, very sore but getting better thanks, how you getting use to your hair? You really suit it not many could carry it off but you look fab xxx

I can't stop touching it lol feels so strange.

Has anyone been suffering from really bad headaches? This is my 1st week and I did my 1st fast day Monday and doing my 2nd tomorrow (Friday). I've drunk 2 cups of tea and 1/2 pint of water already but can feel another one coming on now. I've had them since Tuesday and they have been coming on at different times of the day xxx

The head aches could be from either detox or from low salt, I found they settled after a few fasts

I've been having headaches too, during my fast days and I had one the morning after my first fast. Although I've gone slightly over today I have found today easier than my first fast so hoping the headaches will lessen over time too X

I've been having headaches too, during my fast days and I had one the morning after my first fast. Although I've gone slightly over today I have found today easier than my first fast so hoping the headaches will lessen over time too X

Are you making sure you're drinking plenty of water?

Today is my 3rd fast day this week and it's going well woohoo :) I'm just going to have a bite to eat then I'm off out doing tanning all night so will be kept busy :) I hope I've lost my last pound of ny 1st stone !!! :) xx

Latest posts

Back