5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooo sounds ok ill give it a go. What sort of thing do you have on fast days ? X

I started it last week.

I did two days in a row, and went Zumba on 2nd day!

I found it ok, I had a little porridge in the morning to start me off the day, then had water and coffee all day.
Evening I had calories counted meal with lots of veges. I must admit a piled up the plate thinking I'm gona be so hungry but couldn't finish it!

I suffer from migraines, so I got a headache both days, and not eating doesn't help it.

I going to carry on, but with spreading Bfast, lunch & dinner.

Friends at work have all lost loads of weight from it. I think once you start it it gets you in the right frame and on your non fast data you watch what you eat.

Good luck ladies!

I started Monday - weighed this morning (Sunday) and have lost 5lbs :) xxx

I started it last week.

I did two days in a row, and went Zumba on 2nd day!

I found it ok, I had a little porridge in the morning to start me off the day, then had water and coffee all day.
Evening I had calories counted meal with lots of veges. I must admit a piled up the plate thinking I'm gona be so hungry but couldn't finish it!

I suffer from migraines, so I got a headache both days, and not eating doesn't help it.

I going to carry on, but with spreading Bfast, lunch & dinner.

Friends at work have all lost loads of weight from it. I think once you start it it gets you in the right frame and on your non fast data you watch what you eat.

Good luck ladies!

I can't speak from personal experience but I know my aunty was telling me that her and her husband do it and that you shouldn't do two consecutive days. I think the idea of a Monday and a Thursday is to give sufficient break in between the 2 fast days. I, too suffer with migraines and there's no way I could have 2 x 500 cal days in a row. I'd be in bed in a dark room for a week! xx

Honestly it's not that bad, I sometimes to do my fitness class's on a fast day and just have my dinner after, I try to have salads or homemade soups in fast days.

I got the book for my kindle, it's only cheap and explains it in depth and gives meal plans and reviews on the plan.

I'm fasting today so had a small portion of cereal and having chicken salad for dinner about 5/6 the idea is to fast for as long as poss so have either breakfast and dinner or save all cals till dinner, lots of water and green tea :) xx

What book did u download ? X

Ive been using the Michael Mosley fast book to guide me. Two fast days shouldnt be consecutive days otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and store more fat. There is a long calculation to work out how many calories you can have depending on weight/height/age/activity levels etc. Mine ended up at exactly 500 cals but my sister calculated at 600 cals.
The fast days arent too bad as long as you plan beforehand and ddrink loads of water throughout day, I tend to do it on a busy workday as you hardly have a minute to think about it. I tend to have one black coffee and then water all morning, weight watchers soup(approx 80 cal) for lunch and snack on cucumber chunks(half a cucumber only 10 cal) and then keep calories for dinner, small baked pot with 30g cheese and loads of salad or make a pizza using a wholemeal wrap as base spread with tom puree and loads veg on with side salad.
Other days eat normal but def find that im getting fuller on other days.

Good luck everyone!

I've been doing this diet, I do my fast days on wed and fri usually so I'm busy at work...I don't eat brekkie and bring maybe a hard boiled egg and a yogurt into work, or chicken and some fruit or something, drink loads of water and have fish and steamed veg (in the packets) for tea :)

Ive been using the Michael Mosley fast book to guide me.
Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the tip. Have just ordered myself a book. My mum and I do slimming world but we've just decided to give this a go 2 days out of 7 as well. As I think it will work well with the slimming world plan which is a balanced diet, but we seem to have stopped losing lately as we get closer to where we want to be, so hopefully this will get us the last leg of the journey!

Enjoying reading this thread! Can't wait for my book to arrive.

Sorry I forgot to check back.. this is the book I have http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Fast-Di...6030409&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=5:2+fast+diet

I tend to have weighed out cereal for breakfast the soup for dinner (homemade) or make a prawn curry or fish and veg. I have an apple if I feel rubbish at lunch. I have only been doing one day a week the last 3 weeks as hubby is off to afghan very soon so been off out for days/meals. Back on it very soon but I think I need to reign it in on the non fast days as I have not lost anything for 4 weeks :/

Glamoureyes11... well done hun, how you finding it? xx

Sorry I forgot to check back.. this is the book I have http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Fast-Di...6030409&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=5:2+fast+diet

I tend to have weighed out cereal for breakfast the soup for dinner (homemade) or make a prawn curry or fish and veg. I have an apple if I feel rubbish at lunch. I have only been doing one day a week the last 3 weeks as hubby is off to afghan very soon so been off out for days/meals. Back on it very soon but I think I need to reign it in on the non fast days as I have not lost anything for 4 weeks :/

Glamoureyes11... well done hun, how you finding it? xx

Thanks hun.
I'm finding it remarkably easy actually :) water an chewing gum are my new best friend lol xxx

Thank you everyone for the helpful comments on this thread. I purchased the book off amazon here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fast-Diet-I...6292291&sr=1-1&keywords=michael+the+fast+diet (although it was a couple of quid more the other day!!)

It arrived today and I'm poorly so I sat and read it right through. I have a busy weekend but I'm going to start on Monday. I think it will be hard, but I found the book really useful as it's basically up to you how you want to do the diet.

Personally because I suffer from migraines, I will not manage to completely skip a meal. I know that the author just has breakfast and evening meal, but I will have to pace myself throughout the day as I know my body. But I really like the fact that there is no wrong way of doing it. It's just that the research suggests the longer you can go between meals the better.

So how's the weight on the scales dropping off guys? I am actually at target on slimming world but I'm not happy and want to drop another stone (I'm still well within my healthy range if I drop that). I have an event coming up in August, so I'm thinking if I average a pound a week, I might just do it!!!

I started the fast diet on Friday! I felt so motivated after reading the book that I decided why wait till Monday! It was really good! I decided to take all my measurements and record them before I started so I would have something to compare.

Then did my 2nd fast day Monday (yesterday) and that was great too! Found I was really ready for my tea of fish with freshly squeezed lemon served with carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, but half way through I could hardly finish it! Couldn't believe it! Went to Slimming World for weigh in last night too and was amazed to have lost 1.5lb (I had literally been at a stand still weight wise for 2 weeks and I was also weighed same on the Fri morning before started fast diet) so 1.5lb was really lost in 4 days! Then had a sneaky jump on scales this morning after fasting yesterday (and lost another 2lbs!) Probably will put some of that back on over the course of the week, but really pleased so far.

Best bit- I got my tape measure out this morning, and my inches have gone down! My waist is 1 whole inch less (and I haven't even had a wrap!) and my hips are bout 3/4inch less as is my bum. And my bust is down about 1inch too! And that's just since Friday morning to this morning! I'm hooked! xx

Is anyone still doing this?

I am trying to Amy.

I'm not sure why but I only seem to be managing to do 1 fast day a week so far.

I am now getting used to how it feels to fast and trying to persuade myself to do a second day within the week (have done 2 fasts so far but they were a week apart).

I just have so much stuff going on and with the 4 kids home last week on half term I struggled.

I have my fingers crossed to get 2 fast days in this week.

One days bound to have positive results too though! I'm in a plateau with weight watchers at the minute...Been losing the same 3lb for about 8 weeks. Was just considering this to maybe kick start me again x

I'm planning to start this diet next week, how is everyone doing? I think everyone that is following the diet should put up photos to show their progress. X

Think I might start this monday :). Do yous do ur fasting days together or with a couple of normal days in between ? X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Gonna start this up again! Think I'm going to start this as of tomorrow! Is everyone still having good results with it? :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Gonna start this up again! Think I'm going to start this as of tomorrow! Is everyone still having good results with it? :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm also starting back up. Probably tomorrow xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Geeks,

I have been doing the 5:2 since May.
I have lost 2 stone since.
It has many health benefits & is supposed to be a way of life rather then an on off diet. I took a break over Christmas (how could I not?!) I find I appreciate food much more & sometimes I find myself looking forward to the fast days!
I normally don't eat anything throughout the day & have a weight watchers meal for dinner. I love dinners so I find this works best for me x

Latest posts

Back