50% commission for nail tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajshard

Reaction score
I have enquired about a self employed position today, I am newly qualified with no client base, salon wants to provide products and split earnings 50/50. If I really want to provide my own products she will split 60/40. Does this sound fair? Pricing for salon is set at £30 for a full set and £22 for infils, i will only be working part time and she sounds flexible on hours.

Is there anything else I need to consider?

Thanks
AJx :hug:

usually the rate when the salon provides materials is 60 to them and 4 to you

50 /50 is good. but then if you use their stuff you might have your judgement questioned on what you need and the price of things.

i think i would prefer to take the 60/40 deal and provide your own products then you can have what you want when you want it.

That is very fair. Bite her hand off!!

These rates seem to be roughly the same as in my area also, go for it!!

What would you be doing if you didn't take the deal.
New techs can't afford to be fussy.
You are not only being offered money, you are being offered exposure.

For a newly qualified tech with no experience?

Its a great deal! Snap it up quick!

Products: it would depend on what brand you want to use and which she stocks maybe have a more in depth chat about that, IE if you want to change brands in the future will she be OK with it etc.

What about retail too though can you afford to buy in a range? Or do you expect her to and you to be paid commission on what you sell?

Thanks for input. I have thought about nothing else all weekend. Just called back and have arranged to go in on saturday for an interview, think I am just nervous but guess i need to bite the bullet and get out there :).

I havent asked about how it would work with retail as yet, will put that on my list.

She uses the same brand as me so that isnt a problem and I definately dont want to change.

What else do I need to ask?

AJ x :hug:

What else do I need to ask?

AJ x :hug:

Well its a mine field really :wink2: will she promote you? or will you be expected to pay for/to wards advertising?

Will she make appointments for you? or will you want control?

Will you be the only nail tech? what if you build up and she gets someone else in too will that be a problem? will you want a say in who she employs?

Lots and lots of things to consider.

Latest posts

Back