500 or 1000cc wax Heater?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naomikb

Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering if I could pick the brains of you lovely people :)

I am looking to get training and add waxing treatments to my mobile business. At the moment i do mani/pedi's and nail enhancements. I wanted to know what wax heater you recommend or what your thoughts are.

500cc - I've heard you can put wax pots straight in here to heat up, I'm thinking this would be good for mobile business as i can just screw that cap back on and no mess, job done! However I have read that it isn't the best for hot wax? Also how much wax would i need for a male full body, will it be big enough? (you have to excuse my naivity, still to undertake the training)

1000cc - I know everyone raves about this but I am worried about the size as I am mobile and also if i can't put in the pots straight in also concerned about the mess! is it worth this hassel for the benefits everyone raves about?

never felt so blonde, he he :lol:

any thoughts or comments would be appreciated

xxx

Hi Naomi
i personally use a digital 1000cc heater with lockable lid for travelling because its very handy and in the salon i have a double heater with 1000cc one side and a larger one the other.
Through training i have worked and seen some 500cc heaters and if you do more waxing you are going to have to refill them constantly. I find the 1000 cc the best size as you can get the spatul into the pot to the right depth and work a lot faster, at least it works for me :hug:

Hi Naomi,

500cc pots are really good for strip wax, because as you say you can just drop your tins into the appeture. With the 1000cc you can get removal inner buckets and keep topping up your hot wax druing the day.

I would personally have both, I know it may seem a lot to carry around but if you were doing a full male body wax you wouldn't just use non-strip/hot wax anyway as it would just not be cost effective, you would use a combination of both strip and non strip.

As I do a huge amount of waxing/training, I have to have two large 1000cc on the the go all the time and top up throughout the day as one just wouldn't be enough. I also have a double strip wax heater on too.

hth

1000cc heater, you can always drop in the 800g tins from Perron Rigot or Hive and these have plastic lids that help stop spills too.

Mat

Latest posts

Back