6 Explosions in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a flippin nightmare here.........but I am ok....Jaydee is fine too, spoke to him earlier xxx...... I was in tears when I read your messages of concern........ My good I love you guys xxxxGloria thanks for calling me babe xxxxxPhonelines are busy and we can only make 999 calls at the moment......... mobiles are the same............ but hey the internet is still working.............So I am having a geeky day on here instead...........

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Its a flippin nightmare here.........but I am ok....Jaydee is fine too, spoke to him earlier xxx...... I was in tears when I read your messages of concern........ My good I love you guys xxxxGloria thanks for calling me babe xxxxxPhonelines are busy and we can only make 999 calls at the moment......... mobiles are the same............ but hey the internet is still working.............So I am having a geeky day on here instead...........

:hug: im so glad you are ok

Glad to hear you are OK Ruth - and David :hug:

I was shocked this morning to turn on the TV and find this, I never even watch day time TV ever!! I got the shivers when this came on, I cannot believe this has happened. I think the decision made yesterday with London hosting the olympics or the G8 Summit has something to do with this, it's just too coincidental for my liking.

Just glad Ruth and David are okay, hope everyone else is too that we haven't heard fom yet. Has anyone heard form Hollyballoo?????

xxxx

Relieved to hear u n all so far r OK Ruth.
Lets hope the good news keeps comming in .

Love n Hugs
XX J XX

Please every1, forgive me for saying this, but this seems like the start of bigger attacks. Like Sept. 11, that was BIG and intended to hurt thousands. Not that this isn't, if it kills 1 person, that's more than enough, but it just does'nt compare. I know you'll all probably think I am being bit too hard, but I've just got a gut instinct, that that's not all, there's more to come.
I really do hope not though.

It seems that the governmetal building in Warschau/Poland is burning at the moment. It is not confirmed yet.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON TODAY? IS THIS JUST THE BEGINNING? *frightend*

GlitzyGirl said:
Please every1, forgive me for saying this, but this seems like the start of bigger attacks. Like Sept. 11, that was BIG and intended to hurt thousands. Not that this isn't, if it kills 1 person, that's more than enough, but it just does'nt compare. I know you'll all probably think I am being bit too hard, but I've just got a gut instinct, that that's not all, there's more to come.
I really do hope not though.

There are rumours that the explosions were supposed to have started earlier in the day - which would have affected more people/business, etc.

I agree that something doesn't feel right about it - I pray it's just because we are unnerved and upset :cry:

Sky news reporting of 50 killed in Rome :cry:

OMG they're saying on CNN news channel that it appears to be more of a recovery operation rather than a rescue at Kings Cross as the people in the tunnel are all dead, I hope and pray they have got it wrong.

Don't panic guys - these people are cowards, they rule by fear. We know what they are capable of so anything they do now can set off hysteria. It's so similar to what happened in Madrid, they know the police are swarming all over the Capital so they'll be laying low - or getting out of the country.

Be strong, these guys are terrorists and they want to instill terror - don't let them win - stiff upper lips and all that!!

However the press are doing my head in - it's like they are loving it all and want there to be loads of casualties, there is no compassion in the way they report at all for god's sake.

This seems all so surreal, Im starting to feel the way I did on Sept 11 after hearing of the blasts in other Capitals.
Im a bit of a mess here. My friend isnt at his desk in Canary warf and Im hoping its because he is concerned with other things right now but, you just panic dont you.
I know what your saying about the stiff upper lip Sass but its kinda hard when it wont stop quivering!

Hi All, what a sad sad day today, thank you all for your concerns about us in London. You all are such a truly amazing bunch of people. My thoughts and prayers are with family and friends that got caught up in this mindless act of terrorism. When something like this happens it makes you wonder what the world is coming to. Violence never solved anything and I believe it is now upto us to change the ways of the world today for our future generations to make it a safe and happy world for our children and childrens children to grow in. I urge you all today to let bygones be bygones and make ammends to the families, friendships and neighbours that have fell by the wayside. You all can make a difference to the world we live in today. Love to you all.

David.x

Luckily, I overslept this morning, or else I would have been in the Kings X/ Russell Square area when those bombs went off or stuck on the tube. I left home at 9am, and have only just got back home (12.30) because my manager told me to stay away from Central London. When we got evacuated from the tube station, they never explained why, so I tried to continue my journey to work by bus. I'm really worried though because one of my sisters works at Liverpool Street and they've been told to stay in the office, and my other sister is stuck at her office in Victoria.

This whole thing makes me soooo angry, and right now I feel really tearful watching the walking wounded on the news.

Glorsclaws said:
This seems all so surreal, Im starting to feel the way I did on Sept 11 after hearing of the blasts in other Capitals.
Im a bit of a mess here. My friend isnt at his desk in Canary warf and Im hoping its because he is concerned with other things right now but, you just panic dont you.
I know what your saying about the stiff upper lip Sass but its kinda hard when it wont stop quivering!

Oh Glo hunny xxx i bet your mate is fine and just taking a leak or something...i am feeling like you too as i am sure many others are...just cant get this lump outta my throat....glued to the TV cos I want to know whats going on, but in the same sense I dont wanna watch cos its just getting worse and worse. xxxx

Glad everyone is ok so far on here.

ValencianNails said:
OMG they're saying on CNN news channel that it appears to be more of a recovery operation rather than a rescue at Kings Cross as the people in the tunnel are all dead, I hope and pray they have got it wrong.

Please don't say this is true, have family in Kingscross and we can't at present get hold of them.
All my prayers are with the people and their families of those caught up in this mess. God forgive the people who did this, a very cruel and scary time.

Glad to hear Ruth and Jaydee are OK and hope the rest of the London based geeks are fine.

Thinking of them all.

NailStyle said:
i am feeling like you too as i am sure many others are...just cant get this lump outta my throat.... xxxx

The lump in my throat is pouring out of my eyes at the moment.:cry: I am just thinking of all those people's families and what they're going through. Also I just feel like packing and getting my kids out of here, to a safer place, if there is any.
I lived through the 1974 war in Cyprus as an 8yr old child, and all this is bringing memories back to me.
I have to get myself together, before the kid's come home. But that lump is getting bigger and bigger.:cry:

hubby believes its to do with the olympic bid and that if France had got it Paris would have got the warning - he says its just a reminder to the government etc of the chaos that these terrorists can cause if they want to... he was in the forces and that's his opinion if it counts for anything but as he left a while ago so he is not up to date anymore on what's happening in the world. He's been driving on the M3 this morning and the signs on the motorway are saying that London is closed...... They police say they were on high alert but it shouldnt have happened at all if they were... Just makes you wonder who can actually look after us doesn't it.

Best wishes to all in London we're thinking of you. xxx

Latest posts

Back