A bit shaken

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyboo

Reaction score
I had a booking via Facebook foe yesterday at 12-30. The girl looked young but was very polite, gave her address & a contact number. Thursday evening I gave a reminder text as I always do for new clients.

When I got there I felt a little uneasy so left my kit, handbag & phone locked in my car to check I had the right address. As I knocked on the door a young lad stormed over f'ing & blinding at me to f*** off, I wasn't welcome there etc.

I was totally crapped myself but somehow stood tall & acted confidently. When I got to my mums house, broke down & suddenly realised I'd been set up!!

I rang the given number & it wasn't even a valid number!!! I know I should of rung before but all the bookings I've had through Facebook have been trouble free.

I have warned all the other mobile therapists about what happened but I feel so stupid for putting myself in that situation

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hunie -hugs- at least nothing happened to you and you had the common sense to lock your things in your car.

Why would someone do something like that?? I really don't understand some people!

Hope you're ok x

You have there facebook details ? contact the police ! people who play odd games like this can end up doing much worse things to other people in the future , they may not but they may have been testing the water to see how easy it is , whether its for fun , robbery or even something worse who knows if you report it it might never come to anything it also might be a valuable prevention or help to someone one day ,

x

I think I will. I dread to think what could of happened if it had been an evening appointment.

Im so sorry to hear that this happened to you, and Im glad you are ok xx

yes please phone the police to protect other people, i had a crazy client and when i started warning people they all admited they'd had her too, i'm not sure who i'm more annoyed at, the crazy client or the people who didn't do anything about it! i'm not sure what i would of done had i been in your situation, well done for leaving your kit in your car, with new clients i always knock on the door first and introduce myself so i can judge them :lol: i will fully admit i am overly paranoid! x

sorry to hear you had to go through this...it sounds really scary and you handled it really well.

i would definitely call the police because whether it was a prank or something more malicious, people who think they can get away with this need to be stopped.

hope you're ok *hugs*

I think I will. I dread to think what could of happened if it had been an evening appointment.
Report them to Facebook as well. It may be the account was hacked or is a fake account, but either way FB should take it down.

I had a booking via Facebook foe yesterday at 12-30. The girl looked young but was very polite, gave her address & a contact number. Thursday evening I gave a reminder text as I always do for new clients. Did she reply hun?

When I got there I felt a little uneasy so left my kit, handbag & phone locked in my car to check I had the right address. As I knocked on the door a young lad stormed over f'ing & blinding at me to f*** off, I wasn't welcome there etc. WTF???

I was totally crapped myself but somehow stood tall & acted confidently. When I got to my mums house, broke down & suddenly realised I'd been set up!! You poor thing? What were they hoping to acheive???

I rang the given number & it wasn't even a valid number!!! I know I should of rung before but all the bookings I've had through Facebook have been trouble free. Always a first time for everything though, sweetie...

I have warned all the other mobile therapists about what happened but I feel so stupid for putting myself in that situation

Don't feel stupid... It's just one ofthose live and learn things. I agree with the others though, report it to the police. At the end of the day, it's anti-social behaviour!

Very dismayed that idiots like that think things like this are funny, it was your phone credit, time, petrol etc.

Thoughtless fools!

Do not feel stupid! You did well to trust your instincts and protect your belongings.

Report them and put it behind you, thankfully this kind of this is rare but completely understand why it would upset you. Big Hugs xxx

Your not stupid at all.. I agree with the others, you have to report this both to police and facebook and if you know of any other mobile therapists, let them know too..!

You did better than I would of done, I wouldn't of thought to leave my equipment etc in the car. I always grab my stuff and just head to the door..

I think for new clients I am going to start locking the car and knocking on the door first to make sure they are genuine etc and as someone else said (cant remember who, sorry) to suss them out!

I hope your are ok now and this hasn't put you off x

how do i report it to facebook?

hmm good question - how did they contact you? Did she post on your wall or did she send you a private message?

Either way if you click to the side of the post (or where it says 'Actions' next to the messages) you will get a drop down list - it will say on there 'report post/message' or similar - click on this and follow the instructions.

You could maybe put a post on your wall saying for other therapists to avoid this person?? Im in 2 minds whether this would be a good idea or not yet though.. but I would definitely let other therapists/mobiles know about this person.. I know I would be very grateful for a tip off like that.

HTHs

Shes on my friend list & contacted via pm x

if you click onto the pm you will see a box at the top on the right hand side saying 'Actions' click on this and see the drop down box - it will say something like 'report this message' or similar - click on that..

I would report to the police though as she invited you to her home where you were verbally threatened and you were in fear for your safety. The least the police will do is probably give her( and, I'm guessing, her boyfriend) a call and let them know they are aware of what has happened.

That should stop it from happening again.

Latest posts

Back