A client with ME. Some advice needed please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
A client of mine phoned up yesterday saying she needed infills this week instead of next week. Next week would have been 3 weeks. She said no matter how much oil she uses, they just kept drying out & plus peeling off around the cuticle, especially at night. She said they have dried out alot around the cuticle. I had a look and they didn`t look too bad but i could see her point. I told her that i couldn`t understand why, as no one else has this problem, so i was gisumpt at this problem. I know it is not me, as my prep is top dollar ( as they say) & no one else has this problem.This is a new one to me.They hadn`t broken or lifted, just dried out really badly.
She then informed me that she has ME. I think she says it affects her immune system. This causes her skin not to produce oil so to dry out realy badly, she cant shave or no matter how much moisturiser she uses, nothing works, plus she can`t feel pain, brusies really easy & cuts really easy. So i said that this now explains everything. So i have told her she should have regualr infills every 2 weeks. I also gave her a boomerange file to smooth them down until her infills are due. I said she should then apply clear topcoat to keep them tidy aswell.
But is there any other advice for this situation that i could give her. Would gel nails be better for this problem. She really likes having them on that it would be a shame to leave her with none on.
I dont think manicures would do the job would they.
I personnaly think regular 2 week infills will do it. Am i wrong. Is there a solution to this.
Laura.x.

No idea on the nails, but for overall wellbeing and skin-condition she may find it beneficial to drink Aloe Vera each day. About 60ml of a really good quality Aloe Gel drink, I know quite a few people who have had ME / CFS and found it helps both the skin and immune system.

If you'd like some more information let me know and I'll send you some links.

Mat xx

Thanks Mat. Were can i get it from because i can pass then this advice onto her & she can see if it may help the condition a bit. If you have any info, please let me know,
Laura.x.

Latest posts

Back