A lesson learned

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
Yesterday morning, I went to prepare my home salon for my manicure as I had not cleared away properly after my rebalance client the previous evening.

Imagine my horror on finding that not only had I left the lid of my nearly full top gloss loose I had left the lid to my brush case open - it had 4 brushes in it. The top gloss lid had seized up (must have had some gel in the threads) and my brushes were definitely inflexible.

Thanks to a tip from Amber (Minkus) by working my brushes in gel they regained there flexibility. I then used a little scrubfresh (not something I usually do) to make sure they were quite clear.

Hubby and a pair of pliers got the lid of my top gloss open so at least I have something to use.

A lucky escape from my own stupidity:o

Last edited:

chantell simone

Reaction score
oh hun at least it all worked out in the end

oey

Reaction score
What can I say! - wont tell you how many times I have done that though! :lol:

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I am shocked and stunned :eek:

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I am shocked and stunned :eek:
Okay, I failed:cry:

(Note to self - don't post this sort of thing when Aunty Izzy is about to tell me off):eek:

CurlyQs

Reaction score
Thanks for reminding us of the dangers of not cleaning up right away!

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Okay, I failed:cry:

(Note to self - don't post this sort of thing when Aunty Izzy is about to tell me off):eek:
:lol: i got told off by Izzy when i did a thread about being a messy worker....but now, when i leave a wipe on my desk, i can here Izzy tutting at me and i put it in the bin...:lol:

sj1973

Reaction score
well at least you was honest enough to post what you had done.....thanks for the warning xx

FOUNDATIONS

Reaction score
Just a tip for next time.... if there is one, but judging by your telling off there wont be... but just in case you get 'Beamed up' straight after a treatment and you cant get your lid off your poishes next time you need them. heat the top/lid with a hairdryer and it loosens the polish making it/them easier to open, then you dont have to risk damaging your tops/lids with pier markes!lol
See Ya
CAZ X

Noodle

Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Well you won't be doing that again Adele, will you?!

slhallford

Reaction score
Thank goodness for pliers! I left a bottle on top of my desk of Intense seal and left the blinds up in my office on a sunny day. I came back to a solid lump in my bottle. :irked:

S

joe90

Reaction score
You were lucky but as you say a lesson learned. I can't remember how many times I have done something that I shouldn't but this year my new year resolution is to clear away properly and not just think oh it will do tomorrow.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
:lol: i got told off by Izzy when i did a thread about being a messy worker....but now, when i leave a wipe on my desk, i can here Izzy tutting at me and i put it in the bin...:lol:
Good job she can't see me when I am doing my own:green:

Latest posts