A more 'obvious' colour for Shellac French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortshadylady

Reaction score
Hello geeks
I wonder if you can help. I have a friend who had a French shellac on Saturday night. One nail is lifting already but that's a whole other grumble. Anyway, I used beau and studio white as these are the only french colours I have. I had to do two thin layers of studio white to please her as she likes a really white tip. I realise I'll be better off buying creme puff for this. My main concern is the pink though. Beau just wasn't 'obvious' enough for her. She likes quite an obvious solid/opaque baby pink/creamy beige pink. That doesn't make much sense! Basically she likes it to change the colour of her nails. If any of you saw the Daily Mail article, the colour in that was more the thing. One geek suggested that might be strawberry smoothie. Do we think strawberry smoothie or something else? Romantique? I don't want to spend more and it not be right as I'm not really earning anything yet. Thanks so much for any advice!! xx

Studiowhite is hardly white at all! Cream puff is the whitest white and goes very very white!! What I normally use is clearly pink & sometimes do 2 coats of that 2 make it nice & pink and then cream puff! It looks fab xx

Thank you! Yes, I'm a tad underwhelmed with studio white. I'm totally new to shellac but I'm thinking it might be good for clients who want a very natural look?? I'll have a look into your pink. Thanks again! x

Yeh I have studio white it's good for clients who like the more natural look, the pink I use has no glitter in which I prefer a more matte but some people like the glitter!! Get some cream puff & see how it goes x

This is it. Something a teeny tad paler than this would be perfect. Gosh, I hope the photo attaches!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347385107.133239.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347385107.133239.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 828
Strawberry smoothie is a very pale cover pink.
It's very similar to the nails in your photo.
You can use it for layering too.

Clearly pink is like a pink tinted clear....

Brilliant! Thank you both very much! x

I've been using cream puff for the last 3 years and have only just bought Studio White but I was seriously shocked at how light it was. I love the fact that it's much easier to use as it's thinner in viscosity but I'm really not liking the colour.

Hi there, romantique might be an option for you. It's a beautiful opaque, creamy pink. Probably won't give the coverage that's in the pic tho but might be just what your client is after. You Could pair it with strawberry smoothie if she wanted shimmer.

Also - you could avoid going over the white with the pink afterwards - go straight to top coat so not to take the whiteness away at all.

Lastly, definitely get cream puff - its super white :)

I would say that Romantique best matches your photo. Its is more of a whitey pink, whereas Strawberry Smoothie is a pearly sort of pink. Definitely try Cream Puff - pure white.
Have a look on my site and you will see some photos showing the French look:
Mobile Beauty Brighton » Photo Gallery

Wow. Thank you all so very much!! Such incredibly helpful advice. I really am very grateful. I'm doing the CND Shellac course on the 17th so I shall be sure to pick up the recommended colours. Thank you!! xx

I would say that Romantique best matches your photo. Its is more of a whitey pink, whereas Strawberry Smoothie is a pearly sort of pink. Definitely try Cream Puff - pure white.
Have a look on my site and you will see some photos showing the French look:
Mobile Beauty Brighton » Photo Gallery

What amazing photographs!! Ok, you all have helped with the colours I need. There is a perfect french in your gallery that definitely matches what I am looking for. The hands are on a pink towel. All I need to do now is learn how to paint like you! Hmph! I have some serious practicing to do. Thank you again xx

Hi there, I use two layers of Romantique and cream puff for classic French. My clents love this. X

Sorry to but I here but does anyone else have dramas with applying cream puff thinly. I can do perfect French with studio white but cream puff is a disaster :(

Sorry to but I here but does anyone else have dramas with applying cream puff thinly. I can do perfect French with studio white but cream puff is a disaster :(

Exactly.. Why is it so much thicker?? X

I would have said Romantique is closest to the picture

Thanks again but YIKES to creme puff! I'm shocking enough as it is at polishing. I don't need further challenges! x

Shake your cream puff well and put a dot of it onto a nail form then use a clean gel brush to do your smile line. Make sure to clean the brush very well in d-sperse after as even a tiny bit of shellac left in it makes it go sticky and it'll be harder to get a crisp line the next time.

Shake your cream puff well and put a dot of it onto a nail form then use a clean gel brush to do your smile line. Make sure to clean the brush very well in d-sperse after as even a tiny bit of shellac left in it makes it go sticky and it'll be harder to get a crisp line the next time.
Thanks will give this a try. My clients are happy with studio white but I would like to be able to offer a crisp white :)

Latest posts

Back