A real pot of gold at the rainbow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailomania

Reaction score
Just think about the help we all got on this site!

I’m used to that everything costs, anything U want to know costs advice for free is often costly in the long run, because U get answers from amateurs like oneself. I’m frequently visiting forums for dogs and horses and there is often a bitter tone and private pm with suggestions to this and that.

One day I just surfed in here on the nail tech forum and didn’t expected much from it. Maybe just nerds like myself LOL creating nails day long .
To be in a wheelie often space issues makes it impossible to get on come overs. Just to fit my legs under a nailtech table is impossible. So if I want help it’s ever so costly. So I often have to work my own troubles out . and scanning the net is sometimes good.

And to end up here was a real goldpot at the end of the rainbow.
I can’t imagine another industry there some megastars spending a enormous engagement and hours into helping the rest out and do not often get enough credit back. Here is a lot of nailstars over and over again answering , taking time of the own business to help the rest of us out.
I have done a full nailcourse that sucked and now doing another, but I have loads of wonderings and issues I struggle with, and to meet this kindness, enormous knowledge and tips and tricks, for me it’s nothing short of that goldpot!

I will in this post stand up and give my regards to my fellow geeks that’s mile ahead of me, and I hope the rest of U will back me up, tanking all those fabulous persons day after dag giving!! To me it means the world..
For me here in my nailartsoneaged country to meet a person of Gigi’s standard is just a dream, and hey the dream can come true, maybe I can’t meet her in the flesh but to learn from her an all U other, that’s awesome!
Al the fab tutorials posted from those talented persons make my stunned, generosity as well as kindness.

Hear hear I salute U wonderful geeks!!

Spelling like a drunk crow, but my heart is in my words...:hug:

What a lovely post! :hug: xx

So true xx

Couldnt agree more! Found this site while i was struggling with this and that while training and the advice and tutorials on here helped me get a new perspective not lose my passion for nails! When all you get is nods and grumbles out your OH when you dare talk about nails, its a god send having a comminity like this!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

It is a real pleasure when those who do help get some nice feedback and appreciation. Thank you so much for your comments. Makes a refreshing change from those who have a pop just because they can hide behind a computer screen. lol

The nicest thing for me as a teacher is watching people learn and grow and then when I see their name on a post answering questions I know I can think ... I don't need to look at that post, because I know it will be answered correctly and good advice given. Love that.

I remember going to South Africa some years ago and watching all the school children go off to school every day, so pleased at last to be getting a good education and they were so proud and so happy and walking tall and proud ... then I look at our children sometimes, slouching out the door, no coat, no proper shoes, eating a mars bar and a coke for breakfast and hating school and I think ... you do not know how lucky you are and you throw it away. My point being that when you dont have it or cant get it you appreciate it when you do but when it is on tap and easy to come by it is often not appreciated and actually abused. it is lovely to be appreciated.

I have been privileged to share some of Nailomania's story and believe me she is quite the girl. So hats off to you because I know it is a struggle for you but it is quite obvious you know what you want and you are gong to get it "whatever it takes" ... Good for you!

Lovely post, we are very very lucky indeed :hug:

So very true :) and a truly lovely post. X x x

Very true, couldnt agree more, this site has given me such great advice and help, there are some amazing people out there, and we are very lucky to be in an industry where there are so many experienced helpful professionals who are willing to share their knowledge so freely.
xxxxx

Yes, we are very lucky! :)

Absolutely!!! What a lovely and very true post!xx

Latest posts

Back