A thread for those starting an NVQ in Beauty in September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol studying! Hehe there is loads to take in. I go through to my room book and all and get going.

Looking forward to tomorrow have my first test on Tuesday! All the theory! Nervous about that.

Enjoy your week girlies!

xxxx

Well ladies how are you all??

I have some exciting news, first of all I have just booked onto an intimate waxing course through college. Someone comes in on February £40 it is so that will go onto our certificates at the end. Also another student from my class and me have been asked to go to top-shop tomorrow and do make up for a photo-shoot they are doing. 😃 am excited but very nervous!!

Well ladies how are you all??

I have some exciting news, first of all I have just booked onto an intimate waxing course through college. Someone comes in on February £40 it is so that will go onto our certificates at the end. Also another student from my class and me have been asked to go to top-shop tomorrow and do make up for a photo-shoot they are doing. 😃 am excited but very nervous!!

Oooh how exciting, be sure to take plenty of pics, even if they are only on a camera phone! Of the photoshoot make up not the intimate waxing I meant hahahaa did a little bit of make up on my nails course last year and wished id took more photos! Ahh well will be doing so this year.... When I eventually get my start date :( xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

ooooh how exciting Chezza! Enjoy the photoshoot! and fantastic that you get an extra element to your qualification with the intimate waxing :D can't hurt you employability at the end can it :)

Thanx ladies! Well today is the day! Am so nervous!!

xxxx

I have just received my kit and am now confused. I need to practise cleansing and toning but there is no lotion etc in the kit. How do you girls practise? Have you bought extra kit for at home? x

I have just received my kit and am now confused. I need to practise cleansing and toning but there is no lotion etc in the kit. How do you girls practise? Have you bought extra kit for at home? x

At college they supply but I bought more stuff for home to practise.

xxx

Well ladies I waited and waited on the third year students outside topshop in the shopping mall. Was meant to be there at 5.45, they saw me walked past and went up the stairs with their sandwiches, so I stood outside topshop till 6.15. Came home, so angry!

Never mind!!

xxx

Oh Chezza, how rude of them! That was just mean and childish! Were they 3rd level beauty students? I would actually mention to the college lecture staff that they did this as it isnt really fair of them.

LesleyAnne - yeah my kit didn't contain any either. I plan to buy some cheaply from no.7 (I get discount as I work in boots) and use my £5 off no.7 voucher that they are giving out at the moment. All in all I will be paying about £2 for my cleansers and toners to use to practice the routine :D now all I need is to find the time to practice at home :o if im not at college im nearly always working (totally working on reducing my hours soon though!).

Day 2 of placement went really well, different member of staff with me today and this one was happy to have me watch her doing gel nails (as she was doing them on a family member) and she was trying to teach me how she does french tips to get them nice and neat.

really should update my blog tonight but so sleepy - will try and get it done tomorrow when I have more free time after the long day (9am - 7pm in college), quite enjoying the blogging process :D

Lilmissemmylou!

Yeah they were was going to email my lecturer. Cheeky so and so's

Never mind

xxxx

Hey all :) I finished my NVQ LV2 in Beauty Therapy last week, I began my L3 on 1st October and am so nervous but really excited as I really enjoyed my LV2 and learnt a lot!! I got to admit I am worried about all the anatomy and physiology as i've heard its much more in depht in level 3 than it was in level 2. How are you all finding your courses so far? :) x

today was fake tan day - mitt application.

We used He-Shi and I thought it all seemed fine and went to the 2 hour theory class after it. Only when I left the theory class and went to the loo did i realise how orange I was!! When i got into the car even my OH said I looked like an oompa loompa! I also noticed that my partner missed under my ears totally, a bit of my neck and one elbow! In short she didnt do a great job :rolleyes: I ended up showering as soon as I got home meaning the tan only developed for 3 hours rather than 8 - 10, kind of would have liked a proper tan though rather than just a little hint of tan.

Will blog my day up a little more later though rather than bore yall lol. So hows everyone elses classes going?

Just wondering - what have yall learnt so far? Wondering how fast everyone is progressing :D

I'm only in once a week from 9-5 so mornings we are doing facials and afternoons its manicures. We are learning the facial in bite size chunks then put it all together in the end. I've done 7 hours of homework this week!!! Just learnt all the muscles in the face, also layers of skin and the nail. All quite interesting, really enjoying it!! Sounds like your doing loads already!! X

So finally received my start date off college! Start my VRQ lvl 2 creative hair and media make up on thursday! Only half hours for next 2 weeks then full time. Excited to start but still incredibly annoyed the other 6 groups doing the same course in my college have had 60 hours more tuition than our group which we may not make up at the end! If i'd pay for the course myself (rather than receiving government funding) they would have felt my wrath weeks ago haha

Wow 60 hours more is a LOT Sarah, thats 3 and a bit weeks of my course! I would say you should speak to somebody to see if there is any way they can offer your class some extra hours along the line to make this up.

I've completed 4 weeks now LesleyAnn so lots of hours to have covered so much. We too are doing facials in little chunks but I am looking forward to the next chunk of mixing and applying the masks :biggrin:

Off to Dublin tomorrow for the beauty show which should be fun :D

I know everyone else will be in their 5th week by the time we have our first in the full timetable. Trying not to stress as ive already done afew of the make up units on my nails course last year so alot will be familiar :)

Hi guys I've been really busy! Sorry to have been awol lol Glad to see you are all doing good so far. I Started 3rd of September so just completed first month and loving the course so far. We gave been doing;
Facial treatment packages
Facial massage
Nail finishes/Manicure and Pedicure
Waxing

Which runs until the end of January. Then we also do;
Eye enhancements
Makeup techniques
Electrical treatments
Gel nails

Which runs until the end of our NC beauty in June. We are also studying full body massage, anatomy and physiology and research skills but these run throughout the whole year from now til June.

We have been told that by the end of this month we will be expected to work on clients booking into the working salon at the college for waxing, facials and manicures so everything is going really well.

I'm in college with and 1/2 days a week. Tuesday 9am-7pm, Wednesday 9am-5pm and Friday 1pm-4pm.

I was going to upload a picture of my uniform for you guys to see but the option on my phone says "disabled by your forum administrator" whatever that means lol

I'm getting really excited just thinking about starting the HND next year already! Can't wait to study aromatherapy and hot stone massage, nail enhancements etc.

So glad I went ahead this year, should have done it years ago :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Today was my first day, was only in for 2 hours doing wig making, soo different to what im used to! Loved it though! And got my make up kit today too, all mac with a crown pallette and brush set, been having lots of fun playing! Just waiting for my hair and beauty kit now wooo :)

wig making? wow thats pretty cool!

Selina I have huge envy of you doing gel nails! Our collage wont let us learn them as we aren't supposed to wear nail polish when providing treatments, hence if we practice on each other we wouldnt be able to practice treatments. Shame as I REALLY want to learn how to do gel nails! We also dont do full body massage until level 3 :(

to save repeating myself, update on my day here lol The art of face masks « Diary Of A Beauty Therapy Student

Latest posts

Back