A thread for those starting an NVQ in Beauty in September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We still have no work on a study book to buy. I so want one! Im tempted to buy a pretty kit box this weekend (even though my kit is yet to arrive lol). Just to keep me excited :)

Still need to sort my placement but honestly so tired and have a sore foot from the chiropodist yesterday and have to go into work later too :rolleyes: will see how well my hunt goes - fingers crossed!

I'm sure it won't be long before you get your kit :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346996584.478195.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346996601.673335.jpg

Hey all here is my kit and book that I had to buy. I have bought myself a Roo beauty case, they are still half price.

xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346996594.313401.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346996594.313401.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
This is my uniform, grey in colour, very comfy.

xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346996888.909807.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346996888.909807.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 229
love it Chezza! My kit is half the size! Where did you buy your roo from?

loving the uniform, I think they said ours would be navy this year.

love it Chezza! My kit is half the size! Where did you buy your roo from?

loving the uniform, I think they said ours would be navy this year.

Off the Roo site in the special offers section. Take a pic of your uniform when you have got it.

xxxx

Back to college tomorrow!! Omg can't wait!!

xxxx

It's my first day on Tuesday and I'm so nervoes! I think it's cause I'm leaving my 5 month old baby too for the first time though, mixed emotions lol. Our uniform is black with a pink stripe, quite nice actually. We had to order our kit from Fero. Going to get my stationary today. X

It's my first day on Tuesday and I'm so nervoes! I think it's cause I'm leaving my 5 month old baby too for the first time though, mixed emotions lol. Our uniform is black with a pink stripe, quite nice actually. We had to order our kit from Fero. Going to get my stationary today. X

Aww, she/you will be fine, my daughter is 9 months it was hard but am glad of a bit of me time too.

Your uniform sounds lovely!

xxxx

hehe snap! Although OH can't see where he put my timetable so not 100% sure of the time and room! I know its an early so will have to head in for 9am if we dont find it.

Managed to sort my placement out too! Went back to the place I spoke to on Thursday only to be told by the beautician I would need to come in for a trial day before they would agree to take me on placement?:suprised: They wouldnt sign my college forms that ensure the college ensure me either!

So I ran over the road to another salon (which had been closed due to a treatment in progress when I had first called) and they agreed to take me :Love:Relief!!

Updated my blog with more details.

Starting placement tomorrow eeek! Also started doing some practical work today and yesterday with facials. Such great fun and on Thursday we will be doing more on facials as well as eyelash tinting and eyebrow waxing! all very exciting :D

Im so annoyed I was due to start my NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy (Part Time) Monday just gone, but after waiting around for about half a hour was then told the course doesnt start till the following week.

I called the college this morning after waiting for a phone call back and they have now told me that they dont know when the course is to start and they will call me once they know, Just really annoyed they have taken the cash for the course and yet I still dont know when im starting!

Sorry rant over just really exciting and wanted to get going asap!

:(

Im doing the part time adult course and started yesterday, we did hand massages and next week are doing facials along with manicures! Really enoyed it! Getting the hang of the basic hand massage already lol ;-)

started Monday with my level 3.. I am the oldest one in my class (31) and most are 17-19!!!!!! they are all sweet but oh so loud and its a bit like a kidergarden and slightly annoying as I paid a lot for my course (and take it very seriously) but most girls didnt pay anything and they are loud and noisy and complain (all the time.............) instead of concentrating on the learning... but hey I knew this might be the case and I just have to get through this and then Im done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

started Monday with my level 3.. I am the oldest one in my class (31) and most are 17-19!!!!!! they are all sweet but oh so loud and its a bit like a kidergarden and slightly annoying as I paid a lot for my course (and take it very seriously) but most girls didnt pay anything and they are loud and noisy and complain (all the time.............) instead of concentrating on the learning... but hey I knew this might be the case and I just have to get through this and then Im done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

I know that part is hard, young girls! My plan is to keep my head down and complete the course. We are doing facials, make-up, manicure and waxing. I absolutely love the course.

Good luck Hun!

xxxx

WSS, there is one particular girl in my class that I really have NO idea why she is there. She just walks about mid class, talks over the teachers etc. Just plain rude and no interest!

Lesleyann - sounds fab getting a single thing complete already, i cant wait until we have mastered the facial, eyebrow wax and tint tomorrow. I will feel like I am well on my way to being a therapist :D

Lauren, I can see why that is doing your head in - would be doing mine in too :(

how are we all doing girlies?

We started lash and brow tints last night :D got to try on our uniforms to order the right sizes (black with a purple trim) and we did a little more of the facial routine.

Really enjoying the hands on side of it all still. Very frustrated I have to do ICT level 2 when the test we took today said I was at level 3! All because they didnt do ICT GCSE's 11 years ago when I did mine :(

how are we all doing girlies?

We started lash and brow tints last night :D got to try on our uniforms to order the right sizes (black with a purple trim) and we did a little more of the facial routine.

Really enjoying the hands on side of it all still. Very frustrated I have to do ICT level 2 when the test we took today said I was at level 3! All because they didnt do ICT GCSE's 11 years ago when I did mine :(

Hey!! All good Hun been studying this morning. God that's poop you have to do ICT again! Hope I don't have too! Got a higher in communication, intermediate for numeracy and IT!

Wish me luck!

xxx

I start my level 3 next week :biggrin: truth be told I'm a little nervous about epilation :eek:. I was told last year we would be covering Massage, spray tanning, aromatherapy and epilation etc... I've looked on the website now that it has been up dated (the salons been re vamped too YAY!) but it now says massage using pre-blended oils (so i guess no blending my own oils :cry:) I'm still really excited and can't wait for my uniform to arrive (purple this year) and to get a time table, fingers crossed this year will be good :biggrin:

Chezza you are too good getting into the study routine already! I'm envious, I need to find some time to study, really should do a bit this evening (my first day off in 2 weeks lol so really should be catching up on ironing :suprised:)

Hoked out some of my old work trousers from the garage as I need more dark trousers to wear until I actually get my uniforms. Also bought another file last night for all my study booklets. Got 3 pretty thick ones already (about 80 - 100 pages in each one) and no doubt will be getting more soon!

Melly - why so nervous of epilation? I always epilate myself and it's very easy so cant see why it would be too scary to do on others, you will be fine :D and a purple uniform sounds lovely! :Love:

Looking forward to tomorrows class to see what else we learn so i can update my wee blog. Quite shocked when I looked tonight to see it has had 149 viewers from I started it! But shocked in a good way of course :)

Latest posts

Back