A thread for those starting an NVQ in Beauty in September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. We are the same. We are not able to wear anything on our own nails for hygiene and possible allergic reactions by clients. The plan is that when we practice gel nails they will be soaked off right after they have been applied. Infils will be practiced when we have actual clients in to the salon. Maybe we just have more time? Our nail classes are a 3hr session each week.

We don't get to do tanning until next year, think different areas just do things slightly differently :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hey!! Well we are about to go on wk 7 have done make up, completed that now, have to take in pics of high fashion and bridal to do on Monday. Facials we have done, eye and lip cleanse, superficial cleanse, deep cleanse, toning, exfoliating, steaming, comedone extractions and mask, all we need to know now is the massage. Manicure, filling, pushing back, using the cuticle nippers, painting and massage. Also waxing, half leg, full leg, under arms and bikini. And of course the theory! Have all our assessment dates too!

Hope all you are getting on good!

xxxx

I am finally starting my course tonight!! A whole month late!! Just really excited to see what I'm going to be learning about. :)

Good luck Lauren! Im not long home from college today and getting set for work but will update the blog later on todays classes :)

Thankyou LilMissEmmylou. It went well, was mostly filling out forms and looking around the college. Tonight we are going straight into waxing! I ordered my uniform last night and will get my kit ordered this weekend.

Hows everyone else getting on?

x

Spray tanning, comedone extractors and health and safety! | Diary Of A Beauty Therapy Student todays update :)

wow they got your uniform sorted quickly - I am still waiting on mine! and waxing sounds exciting! Cant wait to hear all about it as we haven't covered it yet :D

Love reading your blog!

We have a lot of girls off ill! Was in waxing last night, doing bikini and a girl said that she had shaved. Lecturer told her to go home! If you choose to remove hair and let no one practise on you, you should be here! So it all kicked off! Girl started shouting! Am not coming f***ing back!

Omg I was so shocked! We are all there to learn and have respect for those teaching us!

Apart from that! Loving the course so so much!

Interview today!

Nervous!

xxx

Love reading your blog!

We have a lot of girls off ill! Was in waxing last night, doing bikini and a girl said that she had shaved. Lecturer told her to go home! If you choose to remove hair and let no one practise on you, you should be here! So it all kicked off! Girl started shouting! Am not coming f***ing back!

Omg I was so shocked! We are all there to learn and have respect for those teaching us!

Apart from that! Loving the course so so much!

Interview today!

Nervous!

xxx

There were girls like this on my nail course last year, weren't just letting themselves down but ruining it for everyone else too! Used to annoy me something rotten as it was mainly school leavers who didnt know they were born and although im not much older (22) ive given an arm and leg to have the privlege of being there!

Wheres your interview for? Knock em dead chick xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

There were girls like this on my nail course last year, weren't just letting themselves down but ruining it for everyone else too! Used to annoy me something rotten as it was mainly school leavers who didnt know they were born and although im not much older (22) ive given an arm and leg to have the privlege of being there!

Wheres your interview for? Knock em dead chick xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

I know, it's horrible, it really does put others off when we are there to learn!

Interview was at a salon, only as a receptionist but will give me more confidence, knowledge and skills. Will hear by the end of nxt wk!

xxx

Im glad your tutor manned up and sent her home. Tomorrow we are doing more work on eyebrows and were told not to touch our own and one girl point blank told the lecturer se would be going for a wax on Monday and would not be waiting until Thursday to get her eyebrows sorted gah!

Fingers crossed for the job interview! and thanks - im putting another short one up tonight. Bit concerned how its had so many views this week though! Normally its got up to an average of 15 a day but had 62 yoday so far? and 37 yesterday. I wish I knew who all the viewers where lol

I'm one of them!! Iv already done my level 2, doing my level 3 now but it brings back great memories reading your blog!! Haha :) xxx

actually really looking forward to getting back into class tomorrow even though its theory lol

Wait untill your level 3, I have theory 1st thing! One word! Killing me! Sorry 2! Haha

lol, we did some level 3 theory on joints today ironically and then I seen somebody had abandoned their notes on level 3 leg massage so i had a nose at it too :D

I just wish it would all speed up. I feel like im able to learn faster than the process, very frustating.

Going to try and avoid having to be spray tanned tomorrow - I have work right after college and can NOT be standing at a till slowly turning a shade of orange lol

So college was really good last night! I finished my half a leg wax and I had my own legs done and my arms! Next week we are doing whole leg and then going to watch a underarm being done, then its half term already. Over that time off we have to revise and look through our books (as im only part time I have to do alot of theory out of college) told we are to be given A and P books also.

I am looking forward to having half term off just for some normality around my house again lol but at the same time feel like I dont have alot of time to learn everything I need too. Im sure ill be fine though they do part time courses every year with passes!

Hope everyone else is having fun and learning as much as they can!

:)

College going really well, start doing assessments in November! Eek!! We have been doing class tests in all lessons, really surprised myself what I have taken in. Only have muscular system left in A&P then it's going over everything to help with assessments!

Best news of all yesterday!! CND shellac has agreed to train us in college! Am super excited!!

Hope you are all getting on great!!

xxxx

Glad your all doing well, interesting to see how different everyone's learning is. I have a mock assessment in manicure and deluxe treatment on Tuesday, got to bring a model in or they find someone for us. Scary!!! Have signed up to do the fake bake tanning course and dermalogica training! Was offered ear piercing but don't think I will bother. Xx

Latest posts

Back