A thread for those starting an NVQ in Beauty in September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys :D So I had my final induction yesterday and start full time on Tuesday morning. Seems I'm in a class with a nice bunch and looking forward to a good year ahead :D

Costs for me for this year (NC Beauty) have been:

Course Book: £25
Uniform: £40
Kit: £120 (This has over £200 worth of kit but is bought in bulk by my college and the savings passed directly to the students for cost price).

Im on a full time course but only works out that I will be in 3 days a week. Tuesday - 9am - 7pm, Wednesday - 9am - 5pm, Friday 1pm - 4pm. Can't wait to get started :)

Good luck everyone :D

talking of books... they never mentioned the books i need to get last week. Will have to remember to ask them on Monday as I do really want to start reading it!

I bought a nice little notebook today to use for note taking and some nice ballpoint pens with soft grips (pampered much?). Still not sure if I will need a leaverarch file so will wait and see :)

I've been and bought new stationary too haha it's like first day at school over again xD I also got a plastic folder that can hold the text book because the book is absolutely huge and I want to limit it getting damaged or wet when I'm carrying it too and from college. Looking forward to getting my kit on Tuesday morning it will be like christmas!

I'm sure you will all love level 2! I enjoyed mine although our course leader was off on maternity leave so a lot of it was topsy tervy! I'm looking forward to level 3! And hoping it will be more organised! Off to by my new stationary this week! :) xxx

Reading this I'm going to get all my stationary today I use to love when my mum took me to get all mine x

Well I managed to remember to order my kit. How bad would I have felt going in tomorrow having not ordered it!

Buy Level 2 Beauty Kit 2012 from Beauty Express this is the kit i ordered (if u can see it) so really not much to it as I said but roll on getting to use it :)

Nervous about tomorrow! First full length day 9am - 4pm. Making a wee pack lunch as im a veggie (a fussy one at that) but worried i might look a little odd if everyone else just plans on buying theirs? I wish I just knew what everyone else in the class had planned for tomorrow lunch time lol

Did you girls manage to get your stationary sorted today then?

Hi ladies, im also new here. im 31 and just about to start my NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy next Tuesday, Its a complete career change and im so nervoes but so excited!!! i have three children, 9,7 and 4 months and am currently on maternity leave. look forward to getting to know you all better xxx

Well thats my first full day done - ive even wrote a little blog on it because when i wanted to read info on doing the NVQ beauty course I could find very little bar a few youtube vids.

It was a bit bland BUT they told us we will be using Dermalogica and Eve Taylor which has really excited me! They are also taking us to the beauty show in dublin next month!

Some people on the course irk me a bit tbh, showing up late, using their phones and having to be told several times to put them away. Why be so rude and waste such a good opportunity? One girl also had the most horrific hands where it honestly looked like she had about 20 layers of fake tan on them!? But thats an asside.

Back in tomorrow when im PRAYING we get our timetable as STILL not got it :Scared:

Well thats my first full day done - ive even wrote a little blog on it because when i wanted to read info on doing the NVQ beauty course I could find very little bar a few youtube vids.

It was a bit bland BUT they told us we will be using Dermalogica and Eve Taylor which has really excited me! They are also taking us to the beauty show in dublin next month!

Some people on the course irk me a bit tbh, showing up late, using their phones and having to be told several times to put them away. Why be so rude and waste such a good opportunity? One girl also had the most horrific hands where it honestly looked like she had about 20 layers of fake tan on them!? But thats an asside.

Back in tomorrow when im PRAYING we get our timetable as STILL not got it :Scared:

I too find the mobile thing annoying, this my second week. Did my first deep cleanse and manicure yesterday. I really do enjoy the course. Getting to/be waxed tonight, glad because my legs are so so bad, had to grow them.

Ladies, hope you are all enjoying the course and enjoying it.

Xxxxx

So what can i expect from my first week? Any advice lol? I start on Tuesdayx

So what can i expect from my first week? Any advice lol? I start on Tuesdayx

All I done was getting to know everyone. We are doing manicures, make-up, facials and waxing. Also learning about skin conditions and types of skin. Got my legs waxed tonight then I had a go. I love the course.

Got my induction tomoro!! Not new to the college as I did nails there last year, plus u have 2 of my pals from the nails course on same course as me too! Just too excited :D

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

First day done and dusted today. Really enjoyed it. First class was waxing, I now have 1 hairy leg and one leg 1/4 waxed lmao still not allowed to remove the rest as will be practicing again next week lol also had IT, Anatomy and Physiology, and the last class of the day was facial treatment packages. Looking forward to facial massage, nails and research skills tomorrow and then body massage on Friday! Loving the course so far :D

Hi im starting mine in 2 weeks and im so nervous. Good luck to everyone hope you all do well x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I am starting my level 2 BT in 3 weeks time at LCBT. I can't wait! Is anyone else studying there?

I enroll tomorrow night and I guess then I will be told to order my uniform and kit. As when I went to have my interview they told me not to buy anything as they need at least 16 on the part time course before it will start.

I just want to get going now, Im bored of waiting around for it to start, so hopefully tomorrow once I have paid my first payment they will give me a start date of the following week. :D

x

Wow you already done some waxing on your first day? I thought we wouldnt start practical stuff until a few weeks lol. I have to go to the college tomorrow morning to pay and order all my equipment, will they tell me what stationary to buy? Anything you recommend i get? x

Not amused! Went for my induction today to find out our group (1 of 7 for our course!) will be starting 2-3 weeks late as they havent arranged whos teaching us yet! And we may or may not get it back at the end of the course, bit unfair I think!

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Wow you already done some waxing on your first day? I thought we wouldnt start practical stuff until a few weeks lol. I have to go to the college tomorrow morning to pay and order all my equipment, will they tell me what stationary to buy? Anything you recommend i get? x

Hi there, yes we have started with the waxing already. It's a 3 hour class for that every week so we covered theory too and also have a separate class for Anatomy too :) It really is much easier than I was expecting it to be, although we have only been doing a bit on each others legs at the mo :)

For stationary I just got some pens, notebook and a folder to keep my theory book clean in :)

Latest posts

Back