abdominal waxing!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxkirstxx

Reaction score
hey could any one help me how do you wax the abdominal? is it like any where else you would wax or is it a different proceadure?
any help would be great:)
kirstxx

hey could any one help me how do you wax the abdominal? is it like any where else you would wax or is it a different proceadure?
any help would be great:)
kirstxx
Exactly the same principle,client lays flat on her back to keep skin taut,if they are overweight I get them to pull their excess skin upwards.HTH

Exactly the same principle,client lays flat on her back to keep skin taut,if they are overweight I get them to pull their excess skin upwards.HTH

Ive NEVER done an abdominal wax before,is it popular then?

Ive NEVER done an abdominal wax before,is it popular then?
Its not something that everyone needs.Sometimes ladies(and guys)get hair growing in a thin strip up towards the navel.

Its very easy to wax off as usually its quite fine,although sometimes you do get clients with a strong growth in this area.

.As I said make sure if the client is overweight that their skin is kept taught as you would any other area of the body.HTH:green:

I agree 100% with all of this.

Kirst, also be aware that the abdominal cavity is not reinforced by the ribcage in this area, so the organs and soft tissue are therefore more vulnerable to pressure. Get your client to pull upwards (as Babsann said) and also be sure that you hold the skin taut by stretching with the flat of the hand in the opposite direction to your rip, but don't press down into the skin and guts too firmly as this can be uncomfortable. Hope that makes sense.

If it's a chap, ask if they want to keep the "treasure trail" line of hair that runs between their navel and groin (this is quite popular with fellas who get an abdominal wax, but needs skilful application of wax to get a clean line).

I wax to slightly below the waistband of the client's underwear, so that it looks clean and natural.

I also find hard wax very useful for shifting any particularly stubborn or coarse hairs right around the navel itself (again, I'm mainly talking about male clients here), but that's a personal preference.

Hope that helps :D

Andy x

I have many female clients that have this hair removed... Like the others said, have the client stretch their skin up towards them. Usually the hair has 2 distinct growth directions.

I have many female clients that have this hair removed... Like the others said, have the client stretch their skin up towards them. Usually the hair has 2 distinct growth directions.

I have found more women want this treatment, i have had it done as well, after pregnancy for some reason you can get extra groth there, like huberella said its generally in two different directions x:)

Latest posts

Back