About to order lashes from Lash Base

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahc

Reaction score
I want to order some lashes from lashbase, however cant seem to be able to get through to them to ask for advise and my email has not been answered so slightly put of

I will persevere as have heard good things about the actualy products, just wondered if any lashbase clients could recommend which to order

also, have still been using J's up until now and need to offer different styles can i ask what you use and in what order, stupidly misplaced my training manual

many thanks

hello, I'm new & I've just ordered some b curl from lashbase in 0.15 in 7,9,11,13 mm in a mixed tray, used them yesterday & they are good, I also have some j curl from my training kit so im just mixing them up at the moment before i try a c curl x

The staff at lashbase are fabulous. I use them all the time and ask them about stuff and I've never NOT had a response so don't be put off if they haven't got back to you.

I personally don't use J's at all. It's Bs and Cs for me. Lashbase do mixed trays which is a great way to build up your sizes

I don't have a set order that I apply lashes in but if you have a look in my album, there's a good diagram that is a great starting point to build a set.

After searching posts here on Salon Geek, I've started using lashes from Secret Lashes, very pleased with them. Quality seems good and website/ordering system is quick and easy and delivery has also been prompt. I can't comment on lashbase as i haven't used them but based on threards on here, they sound good.

I don't use J curl at all, I use B instead of J now (a bit more curl than J but still suitable for clients with straighter lashes or deeper set eyes or those wanting a more natural look) and then C curls for a more dramatic look.

thank you all for your replies, haent been on for a while and forgot how helpful you are :)

Im not very confident with 'mixing' up my lashes as was trained with j's and just given a piece paper with different sets which has gone awol as mentioned before

so are b's pretty standard then? should i make the frame with b's, infill with j's and use c's in the outer corners .. sorry if im showing myself up now, really not confident with the order how to lay lashes, so used to using j' all along

which lashes would i use for a really 'glamorous' set? ie, for a prom? my niece wants me to do trial run and havent got a clue where to start

sorry for all the questions, think me and my j's have just got stuck in a rut!

thank you all for your replies, haent been on for a while and forgot how helpful you are :)

Im not very confident with 'mixing' up my lashes as was trained with j's and just given a piece paper with different sets which has gone awol as mentioned before

so are b's pretty standard then? should i make the frame with b's, infill with j's and use c's in the outer corners .. sorry if im showing myself up now, really not confident with the order how to lay lashes, so used to using j' all along

which lashes would i use for a really 'glamorous' set? ie, for a prom? my niece wants me to do trial run and havent got a clue where to start

sorry for all the questions, think me and my j's have just got stuck in a rut!

your most certainly not showing your self up hun :hug: I'm not the best person to answer your questions as I'm new myself, but from my understanding of a 'glamour' look you would use a c curl but I haven't tried those yet as they can be a little trickier to apply for a newbie, having said that though I haven't tried then yet so I'll make my own judgement when I'm a little braver to order some xx

I don't use j curls at all to be honest it's all b and cs and the odd d but they are really curly. I would change to b if I were you I currently use 0.20 and 0.25 if someone wants thicker dramatic look. The most popular lengths I use are 10mm 11mm 12mm and obv some 9 to fill In gaps

This is just my opinion.

I never mix 3 different curls as I think it can look a bit "messy"

If you think of lashes from the straightest to the curliest you will have J,B,C,D. I would only mix with the nearerst curl. So, for example, I would mix a b with a C, or a C with a D, but never a J with a D. (does that make sense)?

As for a glamour look, the best way to achieve this is with AS MANY lashes as possible probably 100+ per eye (not easy as a beginner)!

I would suggest lots of c curls, but these won't last if her own lashes are very straight. It may be an idea to give her a basic set a few weeks before then infill at weekly intervals to get on as many as possible.

This will give you great practice and will give her the look she wants for her prom without her having to lie for 3 hours!

I'm very sad but I look closely at false lash strips and examine the different lengths etc that are used. It's really interesting and useful!

OK. so now you all think I'm a lash loony! What can I say? I love lashes!!

Hope this has helped a bit x

thanks again for the additional replies, and elliebeeyour explanation really makes sense
i feel this should have been covered a little more when i did my training, instead of just being given a 'handout'
off to 'examine' my false lashe sets now ;-)

I'm very sad but I look closely at false lash strips and examine the different lengths etc that are used. It's really interesting and useful!

OK. so now you all think I'm a lash loony! What can I say? I love lashes!!

Hope this has helped a bit x[/QUOTE]

Wish there was a like button for this!!! X

Latest posts

Back