Abusive client - urgent advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panoramic

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had a mother and daughter on Friday who came in for lash extensions

The daughter (a hairdresser) scrutinised the salon and I thought " oh dear, these two are going to be trouble"

I did their lashes and to me they were genuinely happy.

Apparently, in the space of two days the mothers lashes "fell off" and the daughter has had some "fall off" - how convenient.

They sent photos today and both myself and the hairdresser that I work with have concluded that the lashes have been deliberately pulled out.

The daughter has now informed me that she has removed them.

The mother phoned today and she was really shouting at both of us. The hairdresser in turn asked them to come in at 5 tomorrow.

These are quite rough people and I have heard from my colleague that they do have a reputation for being awful.

I have made it clear to them that I believe the lashes have been pulled which in turn heated everything up. It's the first time I have ever stood my ground.

I am actually c'apping it about tomorrow. I won't be on my own but I am terrified as I hate conflict.

:(

Do not let them see weakness.

I would offer to re do although i doubt they will accept then I would say that company policy insists no full refunds are ever given as you also charge for time but as a one off you will refund ....% tell then you never do this blah blah blah

Do not let them see weakness.

I would offer to re do although i doubt they will accept then I would say that company policy insists no full refunds are ever given as you also charge for time but as a one off you will refund ....% tell then you never do this blah blah blah

They don't want them redone.,

They would like a cheque by Saturday etc

I wish I just refunded, that woman just pushed me too far.

If they had just "fell out" then there would be no damage to their natural lash. This bugs the life out of me. I get it with nails when the client complains and expects a refund because their nails / shellac just came off but yet they have visible signs that they have picked them off.
Show them their bold eyelashes in the mirror explaining that this wouldn't have happened if they had just fallen off.
Good luck :)
Stand your ground and be firm but polite.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

If they had just "fell out" then there would be no damage to their natural lash. This bugs the life out of me. I get it with nails when the client complains and expects a refund because their nails / shellac just came off but yet they have visible signs that they have picked them off.
Show them their bold eyelashes in the mirror explaining that this wouldn't have happened if they had just fallen off.
Good luck :)
Stand your ground and be firm but polite.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wish I could post photos on here,

The mother has a few left but her remaining lashes look quite sparse, like they have been pulled,

The daughter has quite a few missing from the middle of the eye but only the short ones remain

My gut feeling says that they pulled them off.

The daughter has now removed all lashes. I would offer a partial refund but I don't think it will be well received.

They say they get their lashes done all the time and this has never happened. I could understand if they had contacted me sooner, but why leave it for two/three days

Don't refund,

Have you had any other complaints that lashes fall off within a few days?

What are the chances of it happening to both of them,

Sounds like they are at it, offer to re do and that's it and be fully booked in future for them

Don't refund,

Have you had any other complaints that lashes fall off within a few days?

What are the chances of it happening to both of them,

Sounds like they are at it, offer to re do and that's it and be fully booked in future for them

No, when I qualified I didn't get complaints because they knew I was a rookie

There was one woman, she least a couple but she contacted me within 48 hours - sorted it, turned out to be the glue.

I'm using nouveau pro 5, I even went against the book and put a few in my own eyes last night - even pulled one out which hurt. But they are still in.

No, when I qualified I didn't get complaints because they knew I was a rookie

There was one woman, she least a couple but she contacted me within 48 hours - sorted it, turned out to be the glue.

I'm using nouveau pro 5, I even went against the book and put a few in my own eyes last night - even pulled one out which hurt. But they are still in.

Stand your ground, have a look and if you believe they have been pulled out dont even offer to redo!

Some people have no shame!
If she has wasted your time by doing this she should be given an additional bill lol

If you believe they have fallen out redo and that's it

Keep your money you earned it

Stand your ground, have a look and if you believe they have been pulled out dont even offer to redo!

Some people have no shame!
If she has wasted your time by doing this she should be given an additional bill lol

If you believe they have fallen out redo and that's it

Keep your money you earned it

Thanks,

I will, my colleague will be with me,

Plus my other half waiting outside :) I'm such a wuss

What if they refuse to leave ( that has happened to other businesses ) :/

Are you salon based?

If the don't leave I'm sure when you mention police they will

Stay calm, professional and polite

Clients like this think we are mugs, and I'm sure they wouldn't let someone rip them off.

As long as you offer to rectify the problem if your at fault then there's nothing else they can do

Some people are so awful. You've been given good advice. Good luck sith tomorrow. Don't let them take you for a ride .
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thats terrible. If a rough or bad mannered looking for trouble client comes in I find a reason not to do them, these days I can live without the cash or stress. Sometimes im sure some client would turn out to be lovely but you have to be careful who you do. Infact a lady called me today about PMC asking if she could pick the scabs I asked if I had done her she said no but im phoning to check what her therapist told her was correct and she kept me on the phone with her neurotic chit chat. I left the call by by saying a client was waiting, poor therapist I thought.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with a lot that has already been said. Don't refund. Sounds like they may have had the lashes done for an event that night/next day and now want their money back. Know all your T&Cs and aftercare of by heart so to reiterate what they should of read and had been told. Also, put your local police on speed dial.

Good luck xx

I agree with a lot that has already been said. Don't refund. Sounds like they may have had the lashes done for an event that night/next day and now want their money back. Know all your T&Cs and aftercare of by heart so to reiterate what they should of read and had been told. Also, put your local police on speed dial.

Good luck xx

Police will say it is civil unless she beats her up or causes a breach of the peace.

Police will say it is civil unless she beats her up or causes a breach of the peace.

If someone refuses to leave your salon who would you call? Or what would you do?

Wouldn't it be great if we could have Trip Advisor but called Client Advidor so that we could review their attitude, cleanliness etc for all salons to read. Thank God, all my clients are lovely.

They were probsbly goung to a 'do' and had every intention of demanding a refund. Stand your ground but they'll threaten to take you to court etc. You should take before and after pics.

sounds more than likely that they were going somewhere at the weekend and thought we'll get our lashes done, go out, then get our money back. I dread this sort of client as I'm also a wuss. Try and stay calm and stand your ground, these are the type of people who will continue to do this if they can get away with it. Maybe you should make them know to other salons in your area so they can use your previous experience as to wether they want to treat them or not cause I bet its not the first time they have pulled this sort of stunt. Hope you get it sorted ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you know what I woukd do? Dont shoot me down for this but I would give them a refund but ban them from using the salon ever again. They sound like the sort of people who will seek vengeance and its not worth the hassle.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would offer a partial refund as it isn't company policy for a full refund.
If they aren't happy I would ask them to leave and take their business else where... Before too long everyone will catch on and they will have to live with their manky, half pulled out eyelashes!!! That's karma for you. Good luck Hun! Xx

Just wanted to say good luck and stay strong today 😄 having had this fear of confrontation myself I know how hard it is to overcome! Think of all the clients that are loyal and always happy with your work, have them in the back of your mind to keep you confident. Confidence is key 😉 xx

Latest posts

Back