acheiving lighter than tint 8.3 advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
hi everyone,
i have a long term client who is a natural 8.3 gorgeous celtic very warm gold blonde hair she has about 50% white.
i use kp. 8.0 mixed with 8.3 and this gives that gorgeous colour as winter is coming up she would like a shade lighter...she has 8.0 plus 8.3 all over with an about 2cm regrowth of 50% white...i am thinking in my head woven highlights with bleach have done a strand test and it has come up lovely with controled timing to achieve the target shade(i explained that she cant go lighter all over without stripping the tint she has on), but the problem i have is do i stick to the 8.3 and 8.0 for the regrowth with woven highlights or could i change the mix to 9.0 with 8.3 (i dont like the 9.3) as this would be slightly lighter but not noticable with the woven bleach or would this be daft . your help is appreciated :hug:

hi everyone,
i have a long term client who is a natural 8.3 gorgeous celtic very warm gold blonde hair she has about 50% white.
i use kp. 8.0 mixed with 8.3 and this gives that gorgeous colour as winter is coming up she would like a shade lighter...she has 8.0 plus 8.3 all over with an about 2cm regrowth of 50% white...i am thinking in my head woven highlights with bleach have done a strand test and it has come up lovely with controled timing to achieve the target shade(i explained that she cant go lighter all over without stripping the tint she has on), but the problem i have is do i stick to the 8.3 and 8.0 for the regrowth with woven highlights or could i change the mix to 9.0 with 8.3 (i dont like the 9.3) as this would be slightly lighter but not noticable with the woven bleach or would this be daft . your help is appreciated :hug:
I was told once on a Loreal course that if you applied a 10 on top of a colour it would lighten it 1 shade, i havent ever tried it, but it was a technicion who said this.

I'd stick with what you said about doing her regrowth as normal and highlights. Sounds like it would look nice :) Or instead of bleach, try some majiblonde?

I'd stick with what you said about doing her regrowth as normal and highlights. Sounds like it would look nice :) Or instead of bleach, try some majiblonde?

yes after thinking about it sounds like a plan to stick to the root mix i use...as during the summer she likes to have woven 7.43 so thinking about it, sticking to the base i use and highlights for lighter result and lowlights when she wants a change..without the hassle of changing everything xx
thanks for your help...i have got majiblonde will do a strand test x thanks x

in reference to an above comment, in wella if u use 10/0 or 10/1 in 12% it will lift throo tint a shade sumtimes even two.
Just a nice way of adding a subtle natural highlight x

in reference to an above comment, in wella if u use 10/0 or 10/1 in 12% it will lift throo tint a shade sumtimes even two.

ah thanks for that...i have switched my powder bleach to the tigi one after reading your threads..really nice bleach to work with and smells gorge...

will this lift through an 8/3

how about roots 8/3 with 8/0 as normal and full head woven 12/0 with 12% would this lift the 8/3 ??? sorry to be a pain

hey thats great bout the tigi bleach, aye it does smell a treat dont it, i wud watch with using the highlift due to the likelyhood of root lift will be more obv, if she is just wanting a very sibtle highlight id say the 10/0 will give it the kick it needs. Now i know it is not recomended and most folk will probably give me into trouble for saying this, but the old trick of adding the TINIEST sprinkle of bleach powder into the 10/0 in 12% mix will give it a bit more lifting powder. when i say tiny i mean tiny like a pinch of salt tiny. x

What length is her hair??
If she wants the dark and light highlight look. I'd do your meche with 10/0 and 40vol, this will be enough without the bleach on a base 8, and for your base shade, do half 9 and half 8.
If her hair is short then next time maybe do 3/4 9 and 1/4 8, then all 9 the following time.
If she doesnt want highlights at all I'd just do base like I just said, and explain to her that it will take a few goes to get it lighter and it's best done gradually, and just fill roots in very time slightly lighter to match ends.
Or you could give it a quick bleach bath?
Or 10/0 40v t lift it all over??

What length is her hair??
If she wants the dark and light highlight look. I'd do your meche with 10/0 and 40vol, this will be enough without the bleach on a base 8, and for your base shade, do half 9 and half 8.
If her hair is short then next time maybe do 3/4 9 and 1/4 8, then all 9 the following time.
If she doesnt want highlights at all I'd just do base like I just said, and explain to her that it will take a few goes to get it lighter and it's best done gradually, and just fill roots in very time slightly lighter to match ends.
Or you could give it a quick bleach bath?
Or 10/0 40v t lift it all over??

thanks lisa her hair is long ...think i will do meche tried the 10 with 12% and didnt give the result i wanted so will do the meche and flood the roots with the half 9 and half 8 like you suggest....i thought about the bleach bath and may suggest that option if she wants to stick with going lighter..many thanks for all the options as its given me more scope on what i can do...:hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back